etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Best Spring Break Destinations for Collegiettes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

While college Spring Break may be an opportunity to have your own snoozefest at home in your small town, these vacation destinations are all about the sun, surf, sand, and celebration. Check out some of the top Spring Break destinations for college students who are looking to take a break from their studies and party it up a little. Who knows? Maybe next year you’ll have enough money to splurge.

1. Cancun, Mexico

A classic Spring Break destination, Cancun is best known for tequila shots, wet t-shirt contests and wild dancing until the wee hours of the night. However, besides the party scene, Cancun is also famous for it’s gorgeous beaches and water sports. Whatever your goal is for your Spring Break, Cancun just might have it all.

1. Panama City Beach, Florida

PCB is famous as a college Spring Break destination. Known for affordable hotels, crazy nightlife and beach parties, Panama City Beach is a fun choice for the full college Spring Break experience. Check out packages on sites like ww.studentcity.com for the best deal.

1. Nassau, Bahamas

The Bahamas are most popular for their white sand beaches and crystal-clear water. While the Bahamas may be a little more expensive than the stateside destinations, the entertainment that the Bahamas provides is worthy of a senior-year splurge.

1. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Looking for an all-inclusive beach vacation? Check out Punta Cana in the beautiful country of the Dominican Republic. The locals are nice, the beaches are gorgeous, and the resorts have a lot to offer. Before splurging on an all-inclusive vacation, check out listings for percentages off at sites like Groupon.com!

1. Las Vegas, Nevada

Where can you find pool parties, amazing clubs, and fun casinos all in one place? Las Vegas, of course! The Las Vegas scene brings out millionaires on the daily, but around Spring Break time, the hotel pools will be covered in college students looking to fulfill the phrase, “what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.”

1.  Miami, Florida

If you’re looking to party alongside major celebs, Miami might be the best place for your next Spring Break trip. South Beach is covered with interesting characters and the nightlife is the best around. But beware of expensive prices in sunny Miami – when you party like you’re famous, you also PAY like you’re famous!

1.  South Padre Island, Texas

If you’re looking for that college Spring Break experience that you grew up watching on MTV, then South Padre Island might be perfect for you. While it’s usually a great vacation destination for families, the month of March means bikini contests, heavy partying, and coeds everywhere.

Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!