6 Things to Do on Weekend Nights Other Than Partying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s Saturday morning and your group chat is blowing up from your besties trying to figure out what bar to hit that night and which frat is throwing the best party. Ugh, not again. I feel you, girl! Not everyone is the party-girl type, and that’s totally okay! I’m a junior and I have yet to experience a college party – it’s just not my thing! If you’re looking to have a weekend night to yourself or need some alternative ideas to text to the group chat, here are some suggestions!

Image from Pexels

Cozy up with a good book.

Nothing beats wearing your fave pajamas and bundling up under your blankets with a good story.

Image from Pexels

Bake.

Not a good baker? Don’t worry, fool proof cookie packets from Betty Crocker and Pillsbury will have you feeling like a pro. Daring enough to bake from scratch? Pinterest has endless delish recipes sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Image from Pexels

Binge fest.

Netflix is your friend. Rewatch an old favorite or branch out and watch something new. Don’t forget the popcorn!

Image from Pexels

Girls night.

Invite a couple of besties over and have an old-school girls night. Break out the nail polish and face masks, watch a classic rom-com and binge eat comfort food.

Image from Pexels

Eat fancy.

Feeling like getting all dolled up? Text your special someone or your best friend and head out to a restaurant where the dress code is business casual. It may be pricey, but having a proper, upscale dinner every now and then can be super fun.

Image from Pexels

Have an adventure.

Google “fun things to do on Long Island” or “best things to do on the weekend on Long Island,” and check out the lists of things available around the island. Grab a friend and have an adventure by going somewhere you’ve never been before!

As a journalism major and creative writing minor, Allison is all about everything reading and writing. Along with writing for Her Campus, Allison also writes for and is the editor of the features section of Hofstra's newspaper, The Chronicle. Fun fact! Her favorite way to start the morning is catching up with the important news of the day from her favorite email newsletter, TheSkimm. Want to be in the know too? Sign up for TheSkimm! http://www.theskimm.com/?r=93ac39ca