6 Snacks for in Between Classes That are Actually Good for You (And That You’ll Want to Eat)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

You know the feeling: you’re running over to your 2:10 class because your last professor let you out late and you don’t have time to use the bathroom, let alone stop for lunch, and suddenly, *grumble.*

Pro tip: your backpack should always have a snack or two packed for those back-to-back days. Want to stay fuller longer (or at least until your break at 3:45)? Here’s some healthier, heartier snack options for your backpack-buffet.

MadeGood Granola Minis

Organic, vegan, gluten-free, and allergy-friendly, these granola bites are the epitome of an on-the-go snack. Each bite is totally poppable, and each small bag has the perfect amount for an energy boost, with only 6g of sugar in the whole bag.

(Pssst: “chocolate chip” is our flavor-fave)

OLLY Bars

On the same granola train, gummy-supplement master OLLY produces these to die for granola bars packed with protein (12g) and only 180 calories per bar, not to mention they’re the perfect “throw in the bag” kind of snack.

Moon Cheese Snacks Moon Cheese

Okay, this may not be the healthiest or the cheapest item on our list. Some may even say Moon Cheese is a little ~boujee~. We’re here to argue, though, that a low-carb, zero-sugar, high-protein cheesy snack option is the superior option, because, well, cheese.

These are so addictive you probably won’t want to put the bag down, so just be sure to stick to the 7-piece per person rule.

Simply Balanced Fruit Strips (by Target)

Quick, cheap, delicious, 45 calories. Questions?

BOOMCHICKAPOP Trail Mix Packs

You know the popcorn, but did you see the insta-famous brand recently came out with trail mix on-the-go packs? With sea salt caramel, mountain mix, and tropical flavors, there’s seriously one for everyone.

Annie Chun’s Seaweed Crisps

Unpopular Opinion (?): seaweed snacks are actually really good. They taste amazing and come in all sorts of flavors, so instead of reaching for that third snack pack of Doritos, try out some seaweed crisps instead. 

It’s 2019, and we all want to be conscious about what’s going into our bodies, so next time you go to throw in some snacks for the day, make an informed, healthy decision that will keep you going from your 9:35 to your 4:55.

Madison Mento is a senior at Hofstra University and is majoring in Public Relations with minors in Spanish and Photography. She is a writer, artist, activist, and avid ginger. She likes her coffee iced, her pizza hot, and anything to do with beauty. She is currently the Co-President of Her Campus Hofstra and loves the organization!