This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Although quarantine is absolutely necessary, it can definitely be a bore. Netflix has been a big source of entertainment for me, as I have started some new shows and rewatched others. Here are my top six Netflix shows that are getting me through quarantine and keeping me entertained.

New Girl

New Girl is one of my top three favorite shows of all-time, so it’s no surprise that this show has been my number one go-to during quarantine. The show follows a woman named Jess after she has a bad breakup and is in search of a new place to live. After seeing an ad online, she ends up moving into a loft with three single guys, and the four have a hilarious dynamic. It is truly a feel-good show and always puts me in a better mood, even after five weeks of quarantine.

The 100

Another one of my all-time favorite shows is The 100. Binging the past six seasons has been time-consuming and has kept me entertained. The show is set almost a century after a nuclear war destroyed civilization on Earth and humanity is surviving on a spaceship. A group of juvenile delinquents is sent down to Earth to test if the environment has become survivable once more. Now is the perfect time to catch up on The 100 as the seventh and final season premieres on May 20.

Anne with an E

Anne with an E is the most recent adaption of the book Anne of Green Gables. While the character is fairly well-known, Netflix brilliantly found ways to retell her story and explore several issues society faced back in the 1800s that still impact us today. It’s a truly beautiful show, from the stunning cinematography to the talented acting. Who doesn’t love a good period piece?

The Dragon Prince

One underrated show on Netflix is The Dragon Prince. The show is set in a fantasy world where the lands of the humans and elves are at war. The two human princes, along with an elf assassin that was sent to kill them, embark on an epic adventure to try to stop the war and bring back peace between their two lands. I’ve already watched the show in its entirety, but I’m already contemplating starting over from the beginning. 

The Office

Need I say more? Probably not, as The Office was already a well-known fan favorite long before quarantine. Whether you’ve already seen it 10 times or haven’t seen a single episode, The Office is a good pick for those days during quarantine when you just need a laugh. 

Tiger King

I personally have not watched Tiger King yet, but it has quickly become known by Netflix users as one of the best shows to watch during quarantine. The show follows the story of a man named Joe Exotic and his place in the industry of big cat breeding. The main focus seems to be on his battle with Carol Baskin, a big cat conservationist, who wants to end the private possession of big cats. If murder, mayhem and madness are the qualities you’re looking for, Tiger King is the show for you. 

Quarantine can be extremely boring, but hopefully watching these shows can keep you as entertained as they’ve kept me.

Kiera is a junior at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a double major in Journalism and Global Studies with a minor in Creative Writing. When she's not studying or writing articles, you can probably find her somewhere in Manhattan or Brooklyn. After college, she aspires to be an author and a travel writer.