The 6 Best Architectural Digest YouTube Videos to Help Kickstart Your New Binge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Going out “just because” feels irresponsible during the pandemic. At the beginning of lockdown, everyone was advised to sit tight and only go out for things that they absolutely need. This has been a guide for my behavior and attitude towards shopping for the past year of the pandemic: only go out for what you need. 

However, my passion for window shopping has not gone away as restrictions have continued. The best way I’ve found to satiate this need to stare at items I have no intention of buying is through watching Architectural Digest’s Celebrity Home Tour series on YouTube. 

Through binging the series, I’ve gotten room inspiration, been able to judge celebrities’ homes, and appreciated the details of interior design. Dakota Johnson and Kendall Jenner’s green kitchens have captivated the internet, but here are a few more celebrity home tours to check out and digest. 

Shay Mitchell

What’s to Love:

– Collection of items from traveling

– The stairway

– Her living room

Shay Mitchell’s home feels cohesive and personal. Throughout the video, you go on a tour with both Mitchenn and her interior designer and friend, Chad Wood. Wood’s understanding of Mitchell and who she is as a person is really on display in her home. Mitchell’s home has sentimental pieces from her time traveling all around the world, and they have been placed very tastefully throughout the space. The engraved staircases that can be found around the house show the detail-oriented care and consideration taken to make it a home. 

David Habor

What’s to Love: 

-The plants

-The teal bathroom tiles

-The green stove

The color pallet of David Harbor’s home is chic and earthy; although sometimes coordination can take away from the character of the home, it actually helps create the personality of Harbor’s. Everything in Harbor’s apartment feels like you’re looking through a sepia filter. It is extremely vintage-looking, bright, and cozy.

Daveed Diggs and Emmy Raver-Lampman

What’s to Love:

– The baskets

– Staircase record room

– The bathroom wallpaper of historical heads

– Bonus: Interview room wallpaper

It was hard making a list of just three things I loved about Daveed Diggs and Emmy Raver-Lampman (hence the bonus). Everything in the house feels so unique in the grand scheme of home decor–there’s a surprise in every room. I love a good pattern, and this house really got it right; with fun patterns throughout the house and personal items center to the decor. 

Neil Patrick Harris and David Burka

What’s to Love:

– The parlor

– The photo wall along the stairs

– Disney’s stretching portrait

Wooden details are great in any amount. In Neil Patrick Harris and David Burka’s home, the wood is coupled with warm red tones to make for a cozy, timeless, warm main floor. This all culminates in the parlor and bar area of the house, where different strange pieces of time the two have collected are all pulled together and wrapped up in a bow (literally–the Christmas decorations and the roaring fireplace add something holly and jolly to the whole video). 

Cara and Poppy Delevingne

What’s to Love:

– Cara’s 11-foot bed

– The plant rooftop

– Martini neon sign

The theme of the Delevigne’s sisters’ house is “Jungle”, and that it is. The entire house consists of velvet surfaces, leaf print, and greenery. The home is the definition of maximalism, with mismatching tiles and patterns that all convalesce in every room to add to the dynamic personality of the house. Plus, there are lots of fun features: a stripper pole, an arcade room, matching bathmats, and a mismatched seating area. It is obvious that it is the home of two close, eccentric sisters.

Rainn Wilson

What’s to Love: 

– The doorways

– The color pallet of the kitchen

– Media room

Rainn Wilson’s architectural digest video tours his home at his Pig Farm. Something I personally appreciated in Wilson’s home is his neutral-toned kitchen. I’ve found that in many Architectural Digest videos, the kitchen is either very colorful, or white. Neither is better than the other or even a bad choice; however, Wilson’s kitchen provides a perfect example of a way to still maintain a neutral kitchen, while maintaining interest and detail. The kitchen also reflects the layout of the rest of the house in the sense that it is well connected with the land outside the house; each room has windows and lots of light.

Each home has something to offer to watchers, depending on what you’re looking for. In each video, there are different home styles, textures, uses of personal tchotchkes, etc. There are many more Architectural Digest Celebrity Home tours beyond these six to explore, these are just a few to get you started on your AD journey!

I am a sophomore at Hofstra University. I'm really interested in everything entertainment industry-related, and social issues!