5 Things Girls are Extremely Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

1. Riding Boots

Who doesn’t love sliding into their leather knee high boots on a crisp fall day? Most girls are so thankful for that piece of fashion in particular because not only does the heel make a great clunking noise on the ground, but the boots immediately turn on your power for the rest of the cold Autumn day.

2. Pumpkin Spice Everything

Whether we are in Starbucks or searching for delicious baked goods on Pinterest, most girls this fall are thankful for the wonderful invention of pumpkin spice. We enjoy racking up our Starbucks rewards on our phone while buying the famous Pumpkin Spice Latte or simply baking delicious Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles.

3. Gal Pals

Friends are practically what get girls through the long dreadful week. Usually meeting up at dinner time, girls love to chat with each other about absolutely nothing important. They get each other’s minds off of stressful situations and enjoy eating…A LOT. Friends are what keep people sane…kind of.

4.  The Naked Pallet

Ugh…The Naked Pallet. Possibly the greatest makeup pallet known to mankind. Personally, I think the first Naked Pallet is the best one. All the different colored shadows put every girl in awe. Whether you want to do a natural look, or a sexy smoky eye, the naked pallet is perfect.  God only knows where I would be without it.

5.  Beyoncé

If Beyoncé were to take over the universe I’m sure every girl would be perfectly fine with it. Beyoncé has given girls love, light and power ever since she first started singing in Girls Tyme. Thank you Bey.

Hi my name is Elaina Sullivan and I am a Freshman at Hofstra University. I am an avid twerker in my free time all while enjoying food, fashion, food, food and short walks on the beach.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!