kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

5 Things To Get You Out Of The Post-Break Slump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Winter break is officially over, which means no more sleeping in every day and eating as much holiday food as you can. Whether you spent your break working, traveling or binge-watching every show on Netflix, everyone tends to hit a post-break slump. After a month free of schoolwork and full of relaxation, the start of a new semester can feel exhausting. Here are a few simple and easy things that can push you past your post-break slump!

Go Easy On Yourself

With classes starting up again, use the first week as a chance to get back in the swing of things. Luckily for most students, the first week of classes usually involves going over syllabuses and getting to know your professors and classmates. Take the time to get yourself readjusted to school life and develop your schedule for the semester! With each new semester comes a fresh new start, so figure out what yours will be!

Give Yourself Some Attention

Everyone needs to treat themselves every once in a while, and the start of a new semester is the perfect time to do so. The stress of new classes and activities can be a lot to jump back into, so find a way to pamper yourself. Whether you splurge on an expensive face mask or paint your nails a new color, giving yourself some love will give you the confidence you need to start the semester off strong!

Upgrade Your Wardrobe

If there is one thing that can make anyone feel better, it’s new clothes! Switch up your style this semester! Go ahead and spend your holiday money and gift cards on something new, or try creating new outfit combinations with items you already have. A great outfit can change your attitude and the way you carry yourself, so make sure you feel that way every day by giving your wardrobe a makeover.

Go Out With Friends

One perk of the start of a new semester is reuniting with your school friends! Grab your group and do something fun! Go out to a nice restaurant, have a game night or go on a shopping trip. Planning a group activity is a great chance to catch up with everyone and talk about what you did over the break! Who wouldn’t want an excuse to get all of your friends together?

Try Something New

A new semester is a great time to try something new! Maybe you’ll start reading a new book, start listening to podcasts, take on a new hobby, buy a plant or start a journal. January may be over, but it’s not too late to start a New Year’s resolution. Take this time to try something new! You never know what you may discover!

Make this semester the best one yet by following these few easy steps to get you out of your post-break slump! Be confident, put yourself out there and make the most of the rest of the school year!

Paige Strout is a senior journalism major and the Vice President of Hofstra University's Her Campus chapter. Since joining her freshman year, Paige has held the positions of Facebook, Instagram and Instagram Story Editor. She aspires to be an entertainment/fashion writer and hopes to one day become a Spice Girl.