This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Spring feels like it has officially begun. Along with this nice weather came a few popular beauty trends that were seen on the runways of Spring Fashion Week 2015. Surprising lip colors, fresh new hairstyles and funky manicures will enthuse your spring beauty.

1. Red Lips

Carolina Herrera

Shades of red lips were in runway shows in the Spring 2015 Fashion Week of Carolina Herrera and Dolce & Gabbana. A lip shade like this will add sophistication to your outfit. It also adds a nice pop of color for your probably still pale face.

2. Black Eyes

Smokey Eye

Straight black eye liner lines are popular this spring along with the smokey look. Prada models wore the exaggerated black eye liner. And smokey eyes came down the runway in Diane von Furstenberg and Tom Ford. A black eye will give a good edge to your floral dress.

3. Natural Skin Tones

Chanel

A flawless face will always be in style, but this spring especially it made its debut on the runway shows of Tory Burch, Chanel, and Marc Jacobs. The minimal make-up look is super fresh making it perfect for spring. It might not be about the use of less makeup, just the appearance that you might have.

4. Loose Hairstyles

Michael Kors

Pony tails, braids, buns, let them all loose. The messy look creates summery carefree vibes. The pressure released from your head will make you let loose too! Leaving your wisps around your face looks sensual. These low maintenance hairstyles will pay off.

5. Negative Space Manicures

Mint Mani at Charlotte Ronson

This funky nail style is super trendy this spring. You can be creative with these fancy manicures. Mix up your colors to match any outfit or keep it simple with just one color.

I am an aspiring journalist studying at Hofstra University. My interests include, fashion, techno, and travel. Dirty chai is my favorite. I'm obsessed with red wine. And vegan ice cream is where it's at. xx
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!