5 Snow Day Hairstyles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Ever wake up, look outside, and wonder what type of hair day the day will bring? If there’s snow on the ground, chances are it’s going to be windy outside, making for a messy hair day. Here are a few snow day hairstyles to help you look winter chic. May the hair gods be always on your side.

High Bun

The high bun is super simple to create. Its quick, easy and can be done in seconds. Perfect for when you’re running late or you know that your curls won’t survive the snow. Pair it with a thick scarf and earmuffs to look winter chic!

Low Bun with Braid

This look is super cute all times of the year but really helpful on snowy dates. When creating your bun, remove a section of hair that you wish to braid. Rather than braiding straight down, make sure to braid it back toward where the bun is. You can either lay the braid on top of the hair or braid it into the hair as if you were making a French braid.

Put A Twist on The High Bun

Everyone loves a quick easy hair do, so you can snooze the alarm a couple extra times. It may take a few times to perfect it, but once you get the hang of it you’ll love this adorable look. Just as the original high bun, pair it with a fluffy scarf and you have the cutest winter look. This bun puts a spin on the usual basic winter look, which is why it is one of my favorites!

Loose Waves

Loose waves are always cute! If you have a curling iron, make sure to curl each piece of your hair, section by section. After you have nice full curls, run your fingers through your hair and finish it off with a little hair spray (if your hair loses curls easily). Brushing the curls out slightly will make it look more natural and casual. Throw an adorable pom-pom hat or beanie and you have the perfect snowy-day look.

Half Up- Half Down Topknot

You may have seen this trending on celebrities Instagram’s or people rocking the look around campus, and now you’ll know how to do it too! It’s an easy hairdo you can quickly do for when you’re running out the door. Once you determine how much hair you want in the bun, put it into a neat ponytail. Next, tease the top of the pony so your bun is a little fuller. Finally, twist the pony around your rubber band and secure with a few bobby-pins. Some people prefer to pull some pieces on the sides loose, or pull the hair on the top of the head so it looks more relaxed look. This one is easy on short hair too!

Of course, last but not least, if time doesn’t permit, throw your hair in a ponytail and call it a day!

Taylor is a Junior at Hofstra University, majoring in Journalism and double minoring in English and Political Science. Hofstra is the third college she has attended and she plans on it being her last! She is a self-proclaimed cupcake connoisseur and Netflix enthusiast. She can often be found in a mountain of pillows, sipping hot tea or obsessing over how cute her dog is. If she isn't cocooned in blankets, she is probably at the softball field or sitting on a beach somewhere. Taylor is an aspiring writer and editor, and although she isn't exactly sure where she will be after college she hopes to one day work for a magazine and publish children's books.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.