Style > Beauty

5 Skincare Products That Will Help You Glow Like A Disco Ball This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

The birds are chirping, the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming. Spring has finally come, and with that comes spring makeup looks and new skincare routines. Instead of following your old makeup and skincare routine this spring, try going for a new new look that will make your face shine in the sunlight. Faces that seem dewy or shiny are making their way through social media as beauty and skincare influencers are recommending products. The “dewy” and “shiny” look is when the products put on your face leave it so moisturized or hydrated that it shines in when in sunlight or in a well-lit room. Here at Her Campus, we encourage creativity through makeup and skincare, so here are some products that you can use to achieve that famous dewy skin.

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide

Treatments are a step of the skincare routine where people can get creative as they target specific skin concerns. Whether its Nicacinimide for regulating the skins oil production or Hyaluronic Acid to help the skin retain moisture, everyone can pick and choose which works for them. The treatment that will help achieve the dewy look is the Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops by Glow Recipe, which is a Niacinimde with a lightweight gel texture. Thankfully this product is versitile, working for all skin types and includes ingredients such as Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid and Watermelon which hydrates and brightens the skin through vitamins and amino acids. The Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops can be found on Sephora and the Glow Recipe website.

Innisfree Cherry Blossom Jelly Cream

This next product is one of the last steps to your skincare routine and is from Innisfree which is a South Korean skincare brand. Their Jeju Cherry Blossom Dewy Glow Jelly Cream includes Jeju Cherry Blossom Leaf Extract, Niacinamide and Betaine, which are ingredients known to moisturize and brighten skin. This moisturizer cream is one of the last steps in a skincare routine and it contains a gel-like texture making your skin have a dewy look. As the Cherry Blossom Jelly Cream does contain moisturizing ingredients, this product is more suited for normal to dry skin textures. You can find this product on Amazon, the Innisfree website or Sephora.

Revolution Glass Skin Primer

This makeup primer is all over TikTok with beauty influencers fawning over the product as it leaves their skin dewy. This product is the Glass Skin Primer by Revolution, and this product is supposed to “perfect the Korean glass skin trend” seen before on social media. This product goes on at the beginning of your makeup routine, hydrating and smoothing the skin to leave a healthy-looking natural glow. It’s marketed towards all skin types and can be found at a drugstore price on the Revolution website and at Target.

ILIA Skin Tint

Despite not being a foundation, this skin tint has become another popular product seen on social media as it gives you dewy skin. The ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint is more on the pricy side retailing at $48, but this skin tint comes with 40 SPF and includes moisturizing ingredients. Some of the mentioned ingredients are Plant-based Squalane, Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid, which are all known to hydrate the skin without clogging the pores. The ILIA Skin Tint is also for all skin types, being oil-free and releasing a matching Finishing Powder for the oilier skin types. This product can be found at Sephora and the ILIA website

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid

Last on this list is another treatment step to skincare. Hyaluronic Acid, mostly known for retaining moisture in the skin, can help you keep that dewy look while treating your skin concerns. Specifically, the Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum created by The INKEY List comes in a liquid formula. This product is marketed towards people who have dry to combination skin, as those with oily skin don’t need moisture. You can find the Hyaluronic Acid at Sephora, Amazon and The INKEY List website.

Changing up a skincare and makeup routine can be a fun and new way to try different products. Despite there only being five products listed above, the “dewy skin” look being shown within social media is bringing even more makeup and skincare products to light. A quick reminder that before introducing new products into your skincare routine, you should always make sure to do a patch test on your skin to see if it’ll have a bad reaction and then slowly incorporate it so it won’t leave any lasting damage to the skin. So, if you’re attempting to get on the dewy makeup or skincare trend, try to see if any of the five products listed above work for you. 

Ashley is a Senior at Hofstra University studying Journalism with a minor in Publishing Studies. She hopes to pursue her dreams of becoming a Book Editor at one of the Big Five (soon to be four). Her hobbies include swimming, reading, writing, binge-watching and listening to music. Ashley is now focusing on her degree to graduate in the spring of 2022 and looking for jobs or internships for the summer.