5 Reasons Why You Need To Watch Schitt’s Creek On Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s that time of the semester where you’re probably looking for a new Netflix show, but there are too many options to choose from. I came across a show called Schitt’s Creek on Netflix and it is both relatable and hysterical. The show takes the audience into the life of the Rose family who currently live in a motel in a town called Schitt’s Creek. Sound’s pretty, doesn’t it? While the location might not sound too exciting, the Rosebud Hotel along with David, Alexis, Moira, and John bring the show to life in a unique and extraordinary way. Below are five reasons why you should watch Schitt’s Creek, but truly there really should be no hesitation. 

1. David Rose Is A Drama Queen In His Own Right

Throughout the five seasons, viewers get a glimpse into David’s life in relation to his love life, family relationship, friendships, and hardships that he faces while in Schitt’s Creek. David is known for being very dramatic and speaking his mind when it comes to being involved in family activities and getting along with his sister, Alexis. In Season 1, David is panicking because he thinks he is having a heart attack. David is very quick to jump to conclusions just like everyone is when they look up their symptoms on WebMD and a search for a “sore throat” comes up that you have throat cancer or tonsilitis. 

Courtesy of Giphy

2. Get Fashion Inspiration From Alexis

Courtesy of Giphy 

Alexis is what many would consider to be a typical “girly girl,” but underneath her makeup and clothe,s she is a sweetheart with a kind soul. Alexis always looks like she is going out for a night on the town even when she is going to do community service work or go to the cafe near the motel. Alexis has such an eccentric wardrobe that you truly never know what she is going to look like every time she appears onscreen. 

3. See Moira’s Collection Of Wigs

Courtesy of Giphy 

Every time Moria goes outside of the motel, you can spot her wearing a different wig. Whether it is red, black, curly, or straight, you can definitely count on Moira to have on a wig that makes her stand out from the rest of her community. Moira is a unique character as she is very confident in herself and does not want to conform to what everyone else considers to be normal. Moira wears and says what she wants without fear and regret which is what everyone should do regardless of potential judgment. 

4. Stevie’s Sarcasm 

Courtesy of Giphy

Stevie Budd is the owner of the motel and develops a relationship with the Rose family when they move in, especially with David, who she reluctantly admits is her best friend. Whenever David is having a crisis or needs a ride to go to the Blouse Barn, Stevie gives him a hard time, but at the end of the day, she is there for him. Some of Stevie’s best lines include: “Put what little money you have in your mouth,” “I’m only doing this because you called me rude and I take this as a compliment,” and “There’s something wrong with your face.”

5. David And Patrick Are Relationship Goals

Courtesy of Giphy 

David and Patrick start off as business partners who open the Rose Apothecary together, but it doesn’t take long before they become a couple. David’s relationship with Patrick is the longest he has ever had and his family takes a lot of pride in that throwing a barbeque for him in celebration of this monumental event. While David and Patrick have their ups and downs, their love for each other is so real that you can feel it.

While there are plenty of shows on Netflix, Schitt’s Creek is definitely one of the shows that you need to start binge watching as soon as possible. Each character brings their unique personality to the forefront making a show that anyone can relate to, regardless of age.

My name is Casey and I am a freshman journalism major at Hofstra University. I am interested in pop culture and the entertainment industry and hope one day to be working at a magazine or entertainment outlet. I enjoy going to concerts, creating YouTube videos for my channel YouTube.com/CelebrityHauteSpot, and baking delicious treats.