This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Sometimes you just need a show to watch that you can keep watching, whether you’re sick in bed or you want something you can be invested in. For fans of The Fosters or someone who wants to watch something new, Good Trouble is the best show to binge right now. These are five reasons you need to binge The Fosters sequel series, Good Trouble.

1. It’s the Best Way To See What The Fosters Are Up To After The Fosters

Jude

A post shared by Good Trouble (@goodtrouble) on

Jesus

Brandon

Our Favorite Moms

And Of Course, Callie and Mariana

While Good Trouble’s main focus is Mariana and Callie in LA, from time to time, we get to see the family we saw grow in The Fosters. We also get to see the struggles they are going through in these episodes. With Good Trouble, their story hasn’t closed while Callie and Mariana’s goes on, we still learn about everyone we stayed with for five seasons.

2. Good Trouble Addresses Some Major Issues

Discrimination Against the Transgender Community

Body Shaming

Lack of Diversity in The STEM and Legal Fields

Sexual Assault In The Work Place

Understanding Bisexuality As A Legitimate Label

Racial Profiling

The Fosters tackled so many issues within the series and Good Trouble is no different. Good Trouble takes on issues like the sexual assault in the workplace and the lack of diversity in the tech and legal industry. The videos above are short clips of the cast addressing these issues in real life, even as they play out on the show, and the longer versions can be watched on their IGTV channel on Instagram.

3. Also on Smaller Issues Like Being in Love with Your Ex

The Struggles of Life After College

And Balancing A Work Life with A Fun Life

No TV show can get by without looking at smaller issues because they keep the storyline going. The ones Good Trouble deal with are important experiences that anyone can relate to in their daily lives. From being in love with an ex and still having them around to wanting to give up when the going gets tough, they address these and give us viewers an idea of ways we can handle it for ourselves if and when that happens in our own lives.

4. We Got A Whole New and Diverse Family (Though We Still Love Our OGs)

WE HAVE A NEW FAMILY!! Our girls, Mariana and Callie, are living at the Coterie, “an intentional community,” where they have a communal bathroom and kitchen. So while we do get a glance at what the Fosters are doing after The Fosters, we have new people to love and relate to. There is Davia, a body positive Instagram influencer, and Alice, the Coterie’s landlord who is trying to get over her past girlfriend while still remaining friends. We get an inside look on all of these people’s lives and how our two main characters interact with each of them.

5. Best Of All, It’s Been Renewed For Season 2

If you’re afraid that after season one, you’ll be left with a cliffhanger, you have no need to worry. Good Trouble has been renewed for a second season and according to their Instagram, they’ve already held a table reading for the new season. So while they’re preparing some awesome new episodes and some new issues for us to understand and see, you can watch every released episode on the Freeform App and on Hulu.

Sabrina is a senior English-Publishing major at Hofstra University. Straight from Los Angeles, California, her favorite things to do are reading YA novels, listening to Broadway soundtracks, 5SOS, or throwing it back to all of her childhood favorites. She's got her best of both worlds in a nicely curated playlist. Follow her on Instagram @josephsonsabrina