5 Music Collabs We’d Love To See

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

With the year ending there is still time for great artists to come together and amazing collaborations.In the past, collaborations have done really well on the charts with partnerships such as with Dj Khalid and Rihanna with “Wild Thoughts.” Here are some of the music collabs we would love to see! 

1. Cardi B and SZA 

With Cardi B’s hit “Bodack Yellow” coming in hot this year I think it’s time that she collabs with another great artists. It’s common that rap artists pair themselves with more pop singers but I have a different take. SZA had recently collaborated with Maroon Five on their song “What Lovers Do” and it’s already doing amazing. Cardi B and SZA would be a great pair because they rock similar styles of music and have the same cool vibe. If this pair were to drop a new song it would be absolutely amazing.

2. Calvin Harris and Dua Lipa

A post shared by DUA LIPA (@dualipa) on

Cavin Harris has been known to do amazing collaborations with artists over the years. Some of the most recent artists include Ariana Grande, Future, Khalid, Young Thug, and Frank Ocean. At first I was not sure who to pair him with until I heard an amazing mashup of his song “This is What You Came For” with Dua Lipa’s “New Rules.” Her voice sounded so pure and blended with his beats so well that they would be a great pair to work together. And it does not have to stop at the two of them. Dua Lipa and Calvin Harris could even add a third party to the mix, such as Khalid, and take the song to a whole new level.

3. Ariana Grande and Logic

A post shared by Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) on

Logic has been putting out some really great tracks lately and has also been featured on collaborations in the past. To add something new to the mix I thought Ariana Grande would be a great contributor to one of his songs. Grande has such an amazing way that she can blend herself into any genre of music and can heighten any song with her powerful range. These two would make a great pair and I can see them dropping a hot track that both of their fan bases would love. 

4. Halsey and Khalid 

Baby facing extra hard in Houston last night :) @donslens

A post shared by halsey (@iamhalsey) on

Khalid has been rising up the musical ranks with his recent album drop. Halsey would be a great match with Khalid because her voice is so interesting and they have similar music styles. I think that Halsey would be a great added voice, much like what she did with the Chainsmokers’s “Closer.” Both are alternative in their sound and together they could make a song that could rise to the top of the charts.

5. Post Malone and Sia

A post shared by Posty (@postmalone) on

Speaking of alternative sound, Post Malone and Sia both have interesting styles when it comes to their music. Sia has an EDM and Pop mixture that works well with her unique voice and Post Malone uses amazing beats that go well with his strong vocals. It would be interesting to see these two work together on a track that combines both of their music styles. I think that it would be a song that would be different than anything that is on the charts currently.

There are so many artists that we would like to see collaborate in the future but I believe these collabs listed would make for some amazing music and would add an interesting take to each of their styles. Hopefully, we can see some of these collabs come to life in the future. 

Cover Photo by Alice Moore on Unsplash

I am a Video/Television and Film major with a Journalism Minor who is passionate about animals, movies, television, music, beaches and hiking. I enjoy spending time with my friends and going on adventures whether it is hiking or just taking a road trip.