5 Halloween Costumes You Can Find in Your Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

As Halloween quickly approaches us, some of you may be feeling lost as to what you could possibly dress up as for this coming Halloweekend. If you’re on a budget or maybe just don’t feel like spending money on a costume, look no further than your closet. Here are five easy costumes you can pull straight from your wardrobe.

Pretty Woman

For this eye-catching look, all you need is a tight fitted jean skirt paired with a white tank crop top, knee high black boots, and a red sweater tied around your waist.

Robber

Wear a black and white striped shirt with black bottoms and black booties, then top the look off with a black tight knit hat.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

This quirky and fun look consists of only colored jeans, a floral shirt, a bright cardigan, and then finishing it off a backpack.

Animal

First, pick an animal and then all that is left to do is coordinate the colors with what you have in your closet. If you want to go basic, then wear all black, put on some cat ears, and then draw on some whiskers and you’re a cat!

Fruit

Probably one of the easiest and most creative one you can do. All you have to do is, like the animal costume, find any solid color matching ensemble, add a stem and voila! You’re a fruit.

Your Halloween costume does not have to break the bank with these simple and easy looks that can be created straight from your closet.

Rylee Johnston is senior at Hofstra University studying  journalism. She has a passion for traveling and entertainment, and even spent four months abroad in London. When she isn't blogging about her travels, you can find her watching The Bachelor or planning her next adventure. Follow her on Instagram @ryleejuanita.