5 Fall Runway Fashions You Can Wear in Real Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

We all love fall runway trends, but then realize we probably can’t pull them off.  Well you are wrong! Here are some cool fall trends that are so wearable for this fall and winter.

1. Plaid on Plaid

To start off, plaid on plaid is so rad! Layering plaid on plaid shows an edgy, risky side. You’ll definitely have heads turning.  Try a basic long, plaid flannel shirt with black tights and pair it with black or brown boots. You can also wear a plaid skirt topped with a plaid shirt.

2. Wrap Coats

Another fall trend that is so wearable is wrap coats. Wrap coats are extremely stylish and can bring your entire look together. Wrap coats were seen on the runway, however, can totally be worn this fall and winter. You can simply wear a pair of jeans, comfortable t-shirt and ankle boots to give a simplistic look. Then top it off with your favorite wrap coat and there you go!

3. Velvet

Yet another fall trend that is wearable is anything velvet. Yup! Velvet is back and stronger than ever. You can wear a velvet blazer as seen on runways, but instead wear it with black pants to tone down the look.

4. All Grey Everything

Grey is the new black! According to the runway all grey is the way to go this fall. It’s simple yet different and you can put any outfit together with grey pieces in your closet. You can wear grey jeans with grey sweaters or blouses to recreate the all grey look which is totally in this fall.

5. Slouchy Trousers

Lastly, another fall trend that can easily be worn are slouchy trousers. Slouchy trousers are super comfortable and playful. They’re super easy to wear with a basic top tucked in or out. Trousers are perfect pants that are comfortable and looks like you tried, but you really didn’t. 

Hi, my names Kayla Sanchez and I am in my second year at Hofstra University with a major in Fine Arts. I enjoy painting, writing, hanging out with friends and playing improvisation.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!