5 Easy *Adult Beverages* You Can Make at Home for a COVID-Safe Night In

There's an undeniable sense of freedom that accompanies the much-anticipated 21st birthday. You're finally able to go out to bars and clubs with your friends, you can buy alcohol legally... simply put, you feel more like an adult, and the freedom is so sweet. But, if you turned 21, or are of legal age in college right now, you probably haven't really had much of an opportunity to exercise your newfound adult freedom due to COVID-19. 

Luckily, you can still find ways to have a fun (and safe) night at home with friends. Even in this global pandemic, you still have the opportunity to ~get creative~ in the kitchen — not only with food, but with what you're drinking as well. If you're interested in some fun and easy drinks your friend group can experiment with at home, we've got you covered. 

All recipes courtesy of Delish.com

1. 1. Snowflake Martini

Yields: 1 serving

What you'll need:

3 oz. white chocolate liqueur

2 oz. Vanilla Vodka

2 tbsp. heavy cream

1/2 c. ice

1 lemon wedge, for rim

1/3 c. white sanding sugar, for rim

Mix all of these ingredients in your cocktail shaker, then pour into a martini glass and enjoy!

2. 2. Moscato Mules

Yields: 2 servings

1/2 c. moscato

1/3 c. ginger beer

2 oz. vodka

1 tbsp. lime juice

1 slice lime, for garnish

ice

Stir all of these ingredients into your favorite moscow mule glass, and garnish with lime for a zesty touch.

3. 3. Prosecco Slushies

Yields: 4 servings

What you'll need:

2 c. Prosecco

1 1/2 c. chopped strawberries

1/4 c. lime juice

1/2 c. vodka

ice

Mint, for garnish

In a blender, combine prosecco, strawberries, lime juice, and vodka. Fill the blender about halfway full with ice, then blend until the mixture is slushy. Then serve and enjoy!

4. 4. Sex and the City-Inspired Cosmopolitan

Yields: 1 serving

What you'll need:

1 3/4 oz. lemon vodka, preferably Crop Meyer Lemon Vodka

1/2 oz. Cointreau

1/2 oz. cranberry juice

1/2 oz. lime juice

1/4 oz. simple syrup

Lime wedge, for garnish

Shake all of the ingredients together in your cocktail shaker, and then serve in your favorite martini glass, garnishing with a lime wedge. Carrie Bradshaw is proud.

5. 5. Jack Frosties

Yields: 5 servings

What you'll need:

1 c. vodka

1 c. Prosecco

1/2 c. Blue Curaçao

1/2 c. lemonade

6 c. ice

Lemon wedge, for rimming

White sanding sugar, for rimming

In a blender, combine vodka, Prosecco, blue curaçao, lemonade, and ice. Blend until combined. Then, rub the lemon wedge on the rim of your glass, and cover glass with white sanding sugar. Serve and enjoy!

Have fun (safely) drinking with your friends! Who knows — maybe it could become your new, boozy quarantined tradition? (If that's the case, send us an invite. Please.)