This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

As digital-age collegiettes, Black Friday is so outdated, it’s synonymous with the Dark Ages. Cyber Monday, the Monday after Thanksgiving, is now the name of the shopping game.

So, as Cyber Monday rapidly approaches, how about getting a head start of the competition? Some of the best deals are waiting right in front of you and you don’t even know it. To save yourself the mouse clicks, here are the five best cyber deals from major retailers coming this December.

1. Best Buy

Best Buy  has the best deals on electronics around. According to them, Cyber Monday deals will be door busters. Hot products and name brand appliances will be on sale for the best price of the year. For example, Best Buy is offering an Apple IMac Core i5 2.7ghz 22” Desktop for 1,1000 +free shipping and with Coupon code IMACDEAL its cuts the price down to 1,099. You save $189. 

2. WalMart

As the largest retailer in America, Walmart has already begun sharing their Cyber Monday deals. You can get items like a 46” Samsung LED TV for $478. Walmart will also be offering deals on Xbox 360 and PS4.

3. JC Penney

JC Penney is offering 25% off $200 or more and 20% off for $100 or more. JcPenney has more deals in the works but have not yet reveled what they are. 

4. Kohl’s

Kohls is slashing prices in half like boots that were $80 but are now $40. Kohls is offering many deals on clothes and some household appliances. 

5. Target

Target takes the cake for Cyber Monday deals as they announce their entire week of bargains entitled “Cyber Week”. This year, you can sign up for a daily email or text service from Target that will notify you when items like electronics, toys, even furniture, go on sale. Their “Cyber Week” kicks off December 1st. 

With all these great deals just a mouse click away, it’s easy to get a little trigger happy. But before you pull out your credit cards and swipe away here are a few things you should remember: compare, compare, compare!  You’re online where everything is at the tip of your finger. It’s ok to check out the competition so that you can save a little more. Try not to do impulse shopping you end up spending more than you have. 

Good luck and happy deal-hunting!

Hi, My name is Stacyann Nathan, an air on talent and Reporter for 88.7 WRHU Radio Hofstra. I love to write, sing and dance. My weakness is Chocolate and I hope that one day I will one of the greatest journalist Alive 
A Boston girl living in New York, Sidney is a senior at Hofstra University double majoring in journalism and sociology. She's grown to love interviewing and feature writing after interning at  non-profits, Cosmopolitan Magazine, MTV News and the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. She is the Campus Correspondent of HC Hofstra as well as an active member in the Hofstra Association of Black Journalists, Ed2010 Hofstra and the Society of Collegiate Journalists. She loves dancing with her on-campus team, Imani Dance Ensemble, and has an incurable addiction to shoes, Boston sports teams and Japanese barbeque. Follow Sidney on Twitter, @Sid_Madden!