4 Sweaters Every Girl Needs in Her Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Chunky Knit Pullover
This will be your favorite sweater to wear throughout the freezing cold, upcoming season. You can wear this sweater to sleep, just to lounge in with leggings and Uggs, or over jeans with boots to class! They are very flattering, especially classic cable knits.

Cable Sweater, Free People, $128

Turtleneck
Not every girl loves the turtleneck style, but it’s been very popular these past couple of years. The will obviously keep your neck warm, but the rest of your upper body as well. They are perfect for days when you just want to throw your hair up in a bun and are rushing to get somewhere. Another similar option is the cowl neck. This is a more loose high neck for those who don’t like tight turtlenecks.

Gray Ribbed Turtleneck, Express, $25

Thick Cardigan
This sweater is an essential; it’s your every day cardigan that you can throw over anything. A cozy cardigan is perfect for layering over a tank in a cold restaurant, theater, or classroom; AKA a staple to your closet.

BDG Cardigan, Urban Outfitters, $59

Thin Layering Sweater
This sweater is also an essential. You can layer is over a camisole, bralette, or a dress. It’s very versatile and you’ll probably want one in every color. These sweaters can be used in every season, so having at least one in your closet is a must!

Olive V-neck, American Eagle, $24

I am an aspiring journalist studying at Hofstra University. My interests include, fashion, techno, and travel. Dirty chai is my favorite. I'm obsessed with red wine. And vegan ice cream is where it's at. xx
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.