4 Clothing Stores Hofstra Collegiettes Should Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Aside from my favorite NYC thrift stores some of my favorite clothing stores near Hofstra are places not many people shop at. Make sure to check out these sometimes overlooked retailers, during your holiday shopping this year.

Garage

I first discovered this trendy store at a mall in Northern Virginia and I was so excited when I found out a Garage was coming to Roosevelt Field Mall. Their style is very Forever 21 with a more relaxed feel. They’re a great stop for buying jeans at a decent price as well. Check out the newly opened location at Roosevelt Field!

Plato’s Closet

You may have heard of Plato’s Closet before but didn’t really give it a try. I’m telling you, check it out! This chain of brand-name-only consignment stores has been a staple in my clothing shopping since middle school. The closest location to Hofstra is in Commack and it is the cheapest way to shop pricier brands for less. I have found great pieces from Free People, Steve Madden and J. Crew for crazy low prices. You can also sell your old brand name stuff, no appointment needed. I usually sell some things and then turn around and buy new things in the store.

Aritzia

I had never heard of this store before stumbling upon it at the Roosevelt Field Mall. Stylistically, their fashions are similar to H&M. This is your store if you like chic, simple pieces. Their prices are comparable to Urban Outfitters so naturally, look out for great sales and be sure to check the discount racks for a cute, affordable collegiette find.

Wet Seal

Wet Seal is a SoCal based chain that brings the fun, effortless Cali style to malls everywhere. The best thing about them is they are literally always having a sale. From basics to statement pieces, their brand is always adorable and affordable.

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.