2015 Pop Culture Inspired Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Kimmy From Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Why: This show was an instant hit on Netflix this year. Piiiinooooot Noooirrr.

What to wear: A yellow cardigan over a floral top and bright pink jeans. Rock a backpack and a smile.

How to act: Like you just got out of a bunker or just moved to New York City. Same thing.

The Dress

Why: Inciting arguments at Halloween parties is fun.

What to wear: Royal Blue #TheDress Lace Bodycon Dress and a royal blue blazer. If you really want to get the discussion going, spray paint half of it white and gold.

How to act: Prepared to deal with heated debates.

Deflategate

Why: See the “why” above. Also this is hilarious.

What to wear: A deflated football (or several). Alternately wear a Patriots uniform and carry a deflated ball.

How to act: Like you just won the superbowl.

Marty McFly

Why: In 1985, he traveled to 2015. We are living in the future.

What to wear: High top white nikes, a red jacket, and straight leg jeans. And don’t forget your hoverboard!

How to act: Like you just got into a DeLoreon with your older scientist friend and are now 26 years in the future.

Donald Trump

Why: Now that ‘The Donald’ is running for president, you can bet he’ll have a lot of look-a-likes this Halloween.

What to wear: Blazer, the most fake looking, toupee-like wig you can find, an American Flag Pin, and any tie that screams ‘MURICA.

How to act: For inspiration watch this.

Left Shark

Why: This is the funniest shark to ever grace television.

What to wear: A full shark costume.

How to act: Like the best dancer ever. If any Katy Perry song comes on, own it.

Jake from State Farm

Why: This commercial is quality.

What to wear: Khakis and a state farm shirt.

How to act: Just walk around telling people about all the great deals State Farm can get you. Maybe State Farm will sponsor you for the night?

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
MN native navigating NY one selfie at a time. Senior Journalism student at Hofstra University and current HC Chapter Advisor.