ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

20 Things To Do In NYC This June

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

1.     GMA Concert Series (FRIDAYS) Nothing says summer like free concerts in the park!

2.     Tony Bennet and Lady Gaga (6/19-6/23) Lady Gaga’s gone jazz. See her with Tony Bennet!

3.     FarmBorough Country Music Festival (6/26-6/28) Breakout your boots and flannel for Long Island’s summer country extravaganza.

4.     Shakespeare in the Park: The Tempest (ALL MONTH) The Public Theater’s The Tempest is playing in Central Park all June. 

5.     Saving Place: Fifty Years of New York City Landmarks (ALL MONTH) 

6.      Tomorrowland (ALL MONTH) Obviously this movie is not limited to NYC. But it’s a great movie and everyone should go see it!

7.      Jones Beach Concerts This NY summer staple is an ongoing event. This month features the Third Eye Bling/Dashboard Confessional. 

8.      New Kids on the Block/TLC/Nelly (6/20-6/23) – This throwback lineup will be performing in Uniondale and at Madison Square Garden.

9.     Saturday Night Live The Exhibition (ALL MONTH)

10.  Imagine Dragons FREE Summer Concert (6/26)

11. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime (ALL MONTH) – The 2015 Tony Award winning Best Play is a MUST SEE. “Fifteen-year-old Christopher has an extraordinary brain; he is exceptionally intelligent but ill-equipped to interpret everyday life. When he falls under suspicion for killing his neighbor’s dog, he sets out to identify the true culprit, which leads to an earth-shattering discovery and a journey that will change his life forever.” 

12. Disenchanted, Clinton: The Musical, The Fantasticks (ALL MONTH) – These amazing off-Broadway shows are a more affordable choice if you can’t pay Broadway prices.

13. STOMP (ALL MONTH) “Matchboxes, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters and more fill the stage with energizing beats at STOMP, the inventive and invigorating stage show that’s dance, music and theatrical performance blended together in one electrifying rhythm.”

14. New York Philharmonic Concerts in the Park: Share the Stage – It’s free and there are fireworks after!

15.  Sleep No More and Then She Fell (ALL MONTH) – An immersive theatre experience may be more your speed if you aren’t interested in sitting in a seat for 2+ hours. Then She Fell is an Alice in Wonderland inspired story. Sleep No More is a Hitchcock style, 1930s era Macbeth where you can wander freely through the set following around whatever characters you want. It can barely be explained and MUST be experienced.

16. Fun Home– The 2015 Tony Award winner for Best Musical, Best Book, and Best Score is being described as Broadway’s smash-hit and a new classic. Fun Home is one of the most important shows to come to Broadway in years.

17.  Time Out New York Comedy Showcase (6/24) 

18.  Jazz Age Lawn Party

19.  Big Apple Barbeque Block Party

20.  ShakesBEER

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.