20 Favorite Christmas Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Grab your snuggie, a mug filled with your favorite winter drink and a comfy spot on the couch, because it’s time to indulge in some cinematic Christmas magic!

Whether you’re up for a bit of comedic relief, dramatic plots, animation or a timeless holiday classic, there’s bound to be a Christmas film to suit your mood in our list of favorites below:

Comedy

The holidays are a time for joy and laughter. Give your funny bone a tickle this season with these notoriously funny Christmas movies featuring Will Ferrell, Chevy Chase, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jamie Lee Curtis and more.

Elf

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

Jingle All the Way

Unaccompanied Minors

Christmas with the Kranks

Drama/Romance

Bring on the tear jerkers and the sappy Christmas romances. These five films will satisfy your emotional rollercoaster.

The Family Stone

Family Man

The Holiday

A Christmas Kiss

A Princess for Christmas

Animated

They say you become a child again around Christmastime, so why not take that notion a step further with these cartoon/computer animated holiday films?

Disney’s A Christmas Carol

Garfield Christmas

A Chipmunk Christmas

Shrek the Halls

The Polar Express

Timeless Christmas Classics

No matter how old they get, you can’t let the holiday season go by without watching at least one of these well-known Christmas films.

A Charlie Brown Christmas

The Santa Claus (1-3)

Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

Home Alone (1-4)

‘Twas the Night Before Christmas

Give the gift of quality time this season by watching these films with friends and family. Happy holidays!

Dana is a Public Media graduate student at Fordham University who started writing for Her Campus as a Hofstra University undergrad several years ago. She is a lover of all things pop culture and entertainment. Follow her @dana_gibbs94 and check out her blog, The Whisper Box: http://thewhisperbox.com.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!