This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Dating is difficult under normal circumstances and even more difficult during the ongoing pandemic. The easiest way to meet new people is via online communication (i.e, dating apps), so we have come up with several clever pick-up lines to use when sliding into those DM’s. The following 16 pickup lines are split into four categories: The original (OG), COVID-19, quirky and sweet pick-up lines.   

OG

1. Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes?

2. If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put “U” and “I” together.

3. Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only 10 I see!

4. It’s a good thing I have my library card because I am totally checking you out.

COVID-19

1. Even during the pandemic, the most contagious thing is your smile.

2. One-ply? Two-ply? Neither. I’m looking for a re-ply.

3. I may not have money, but I have rolls of toilet paper.

4. You can’t spell quarantine without ” u r a q t.”

Quirky

1. I need some answers for my math homework. Quick! What’s your number?

2. I must be drawn to the force because Yoda only one for me.

3. You’re like a dictionary. You add meaning to my life.

4. Destiny calls: our date is inevitable.

Sweet

1. You’re so beautiful that you made me forget my pickup line.

2. Are you sure you’re not tired? You’ve been running through my mind all day.

3. If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing.

4. I think the gaps between my fingers were meant for yours.

While these pickup lines have not been proven to work a hundred percent of the time, they are a good way to break the ice when meeting someone online. Happy flirting! :) 

Ariyanna is a Junior at Hofstra majoring in global studies with a minor in general business. She enjoys being a positive influence and pushing herself closer to her goals. In her free time she's either in front of the camera modeling, online shopping or listening to music. Her inspiration is a quote from Disney which is "Adventure is out there!"