15 Lana Del Rey Song Quotes That You Need In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Lana Del Rey is the kind of artist that can make you feel like you’re in another decade while weaving in such amazing stories with powerful lyrics. I find myself falling into the lyrics and drifting into another world. If you find yourself needing a mid-week pick me up or daily inspiration, here are 15 lyrics that will leave you feeling empowered and inspired in no time. 

1. “He said ‘to be cool’ but I’m already coolest. I said ‘to get real don’t you know who you’re dealing with’?” National Anthem

2. “And when he calls for me, he calls for me and not for you.” Shades of Cool

3. “Yeah my boyfriend’s pretty cool, but he’s not as cool as me.” Brooklyn Baby

4. “Come and take a walk on the wild side. Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain.” Born To Die

5. “Life is awesome, I confess.” F****d My Way To The Top

6. “Lights, camera, action. I’ll do it on my own.” High By The Beach

7. “A little party never hurt no one, that’s why it’s alright.” Art Deco

8. “Catch me if you can, working on my tan, Salvatore.” Salvatore

9. “You can still find me if you ask nicely.” 13 Beaches

10. “It’s never too late to be who you wanna be, to say what you wanna say.” Summer Bummer

11. “Take me as I am, don’t see me for what I am not.” God Bless America- And All The Beautiful Women In It

12. “You’ve been wasting my time while you’re taking what’s mine.” In My Feelings

13. “We’re just beautiful people with beautiful probems.” Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

14. “Life rocked me, ultra-softly.” Heroin

15. “Change is a powerful thing. People are powerful beings.” Change

These are some of my personal favorite lyrics, but there are so many other great songs that she has written and this is just scratching the surface. Find more of her music here

All gifs from giphy.com.

Cover image. 

Hi! My name is Imani Cole and I am a French, Italian, and Linguistics major at Hofstra University.