13 Ways to Have the Best Galentine’s Day Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Let’s face it, not all of us have the luxury of being able to spend Valentine’s Day with a significant other, but that shouldn’t be the reason to mope around in your sweatpants, crying into your ice cream about the #singlelife. Instead, ladies, we are in luck because we have Galentine’s Day! Single or not, Galentine’s Day is the opportunity to grab your girlfriends and celebrate your friendship and not have to worry about boys at all. Here are 13 ways to have a Galentine’s Day that would even make Taylor Swift and her squad jealous.

Spa Night

Having spa nights are a great way to wind down and relax, but doing them with your friends? Even better. Find DIY facial recipes and laugh as you realize how silly you all look with oats on your face or give each other mani-pedis! You will end the night feeling content and smell really good — what more could you want? Just make sure you don’t forget the cucumbers!

Chick Flick Movie Marathon

Movie marathons are great and all, but what better way to get into the Galentine’s Day spirit than to have a chick flick marathon? Indulge in the fantasy world of chick flicks and please your inner hopeless romantic as you imagine meeting your soulmate and having your happily ever after moment. Be prepared to have tissues with you in case you watch The Notebook — there is never a dry eye in the room with that movie.

Girls Night Out

Rather than having a night in, you can always opt to have a night out! Get all dressed up in your favorite party outfit and head out for a night on the town with your girlfriends! You can try out the latest trendy restaurant and see if it lives up to the hype or dance the night away at a club. The night is in your hands and the possibilities are ~endless~. The most important thing is to have fun with your friends around you.

Give Each Other Makeovers

Break out the makeup and hair accessories and give each other makeovers. Why not try a new hairstyle or that makeup look you saw on Instagram, with your friends? Or make a game out of it and create little challenges — like seeing who can do the best winged eyeliner with no mirror. Give yourselves an even greater challenge by doing each others’ makeup while blindfolded. And who ever said these makeovers needed to make you look better afterward anyways!? As long as you’re having a good time, that’s all that matters.

Make Your Own Pizzas

If you’re busy having fun with your best friends, of course you’re going to get hungry. Rather than ordering pizza, create a pizza bar instead! Everyone will get exactly what they want and you can see who the hidden chefs are amongst the group. See who can throw their dough up and catch it without dropping it, or who can create the weirdest pizza topping combination (as long as their edible of course). Plus, after dinner is over, you can keep up with the pizza trend and make dessert pizzas!

Ladies Brunch

For the friend groups that are just as obsessed with brunch as mine is, trying out a new brunch place is the perfect start to your Galentine’s Day. A fun way to spice up your brunch date is to try and guess what each other will order to see how well you know your best friends.

Beach Trip

If you have the luxury of living somewhere where there is a warmer climate, take a drive to the beach and bask in the sunshine with your gal pals. Laying out on the sand will be the perfect way to get a headstart on that tan for summer. Try staying until the sunset because there is no better way to end a beach day with your best friends than watching the golden skies of a sunset.

Create Your Own Photo Booth

Find fun Valentine’s Day themed props at a party store, throw up a pink or red backdrop, make a Galentine’s Day sign, and you’re all set for your own DIY photo booth! Don’t forget the camera of course, and have fun playing around with the props and doing different poses. You’ll definitely be able to get an Instagram-worthy photo from this idea.

Write Love Letters For Each Other

Share your love and appreciation for your closest girlfriends by writing love letters to each other. Break out the markers and colorful paper and sit in a circle as you write little notes for everyone. Decorate a jar to put them all in and make a rule that you cannot read the letters until you go home that night. It will be a sweet way to reminisce on the night that you just shared.

Pajama Night

For those seeking a fun but comfy night, make the attire of the party pajamas only. Throw on your onesie or favorite pair of pajamas and prepare to have an ~amazing~ night with your friends. You can also make your own sleep masks that will come in handy if you end the night with a sleepover.

Breakfast for Dinner

Instead of spending money on take-out, make each other your favorite breakfast foods. There will be pancakes, waffles, and bacon galore! Use cookie cutters to make your eggs or pancakes in the shape of a heart or other Valentine’s Day shapes. Follow your meal with a nice nap because, after all of that delicious breakfast items, the food coma will definitely be hitting you guys.

Shopping Spree at the Mall

If you and your friends are shopping fanatics, spend the day at the mall. A fun idea is to go into a store and pick out an outfit for your friend and have them try it on! You can either go with something that is totally their style or do something completely different to see what they would look like. Guarantee you will share a few laughs along the way. Make sure to shop ‘til you drop!

Singing Your Heart Out at Karaoke

Whether you are an amazing singer or your voice sounds more like a cat dying (like mine), no experience is required for any karaoke session. Unless of course, you’re doing karaoke with Taylor Swift. When you’re with your friends, the worst of a singer you are, the more likely you are to have a great time laugh together. Throw it back to the times of Hilary Duff and Vanessa Hudgens with your song selections or even go way back to the days of the Spice Girls.

No matter what you end up doing, nothing is better than sharing time with your closest friends. The memories you make this Galentine’s Day will always hold a special place in your heart, so go out there and have the best day ever! Happy Galentine’s Day to all my ~ladies~ out there!

Originally from Southern California and now living on Long Island! I am a self-declared sushi addict who enjoys good music and good people x (p.s. if anyone knows how to survive an east coast winter, please let me know!!)
Jessica is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Hofstra University's Her Campus Chapter. Jessica, from New Jersey, is a journalism major and psychology minor at Hofstra University. As a dedicated member of her college's Her Campus chapter since her freshman year, she has held the role of staff writer, Snapshot editor, Secretary and now CC. Outside of Her Campus, Jessica's publications include JeannineMorris.com, TheCelebrityCafe.com, FashionWeek.com, The Hofstra Chronicle and the Long Island Report, where she is also a student editor. In her spare time Jessica enjoys being outdoors, camping and hiking, snowboarding in the winter, hitting the Jersey Shore beaches in the summer, working out and spending time with her friends, family, and pets. Check out her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog at http://Jessie-Leigh.com.