10 Gifts You Can Give In A Mason Jar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

There’s something about a mason jar that can make anything you put inside it look pretty darn cute. Hone in on your DIY skills this holiday season and make your friends and family some gifts in a jar!

1. Manicure in a jar

Add some mini nail files, nail polish remover packets, cute foam toe separators, and of course some fun nail polish and this gift is all set.

2. 365 reasons why I love you/why you’re my best friend

Surprise your loved one (whether that’s your bae or bff!) with 365 reasons why they’re awesome. It’s an easy gift to make that can last all year!

3. Snow globe

Whoever thought you could make your own snow globe? Hot glue a plastic figurine onto the bottom side of the jar lid. Fill the jar with water, glitter and a few drops of glycerin (optional – it makes the glitter easily fall). Then screw the lid on tightly, turn over, shake and enjoy!

4. “Kisses”

Fill a Mason jar with your favorite type of Hershey’s Kisses! Did you know there are six different flavors?

5. Gingerbread cookies

Have a friend who loves to bake? Make them a gingerbread cookie mix by layering the dry ingredients of a gingerbread cookie recipe and attaching the recipe to the jar!

6. Hot Chocolate

Fill a Mason jar with hot chocolate mix and top it off with some delicious toppings.

7. Vintage picture frame

Take your favorite black and white picture (it looks the best in oil!) and glue it inside to the back wall of the Mason jar. Add some vegetable oil, tightly screw the lid on, and you have a cute vintage photo frame ready to wrap!

8. Surviving the winter kit

Fill a mason jar with the necessities for surviving the cold winter months. Add chapstick, hand warmers, lotion, and fuzzy socks!

9. S’mores!

Who doesn’t love s’mores? Add all the necessities to make s’mores and this gift is all set.

10. Teatime

Fill a mason jar with different types of tea, a tea infuser, and perhaps some shortbread cookies. Teatime never looked cuter!

MN native navigating NY one selfie at a time. Senior Journalism student at Hofstra University and current HC Chapter Advisor.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!