The 10 Best Restaurants in NYC For Date Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It does NOT have to be Valentine’s day to have a fun date night with your significant other. Date nights are a great way to reconnect and de-stress with your S.O. after an especially trying week. What better place than NYC with its abundance of restaurants to host your next date night. Here are ten restaurants for you to consider.

Ellen’s Stardust Diner

This may seem like a silly place for date night but if you and your S.O. enjoy a little fanfare this could be a fun place to go. The waitress’s notoriously sing to you and everyone around is in good spirits.

Momofuku

This place is great if you two want to trade in your dorm room ramen for some restaurant ramen. Slurp away with your S.O. and maybe you’ll have your very own Lady and the Tramp moment.

Max Brenner

I love Max Brenner! Not only is the food amazing but the desserts are to die for. They are known for their chocolate (Chocolate By the Bald Man) so when you’re done eating make sure you order a dessert to share ;) or for yourself! The ambiance and atmosphere here all around make for a romantic and fun night.

Sugar Factory

I don’t know about where you’re from but a ton of girls from my high school had their sweet 16’s here. They’re known for their goblet drinks that you can get with alcohol. It’s true, their goblets are a bit pricey, but the good news is they’re big enough to share. The food is also really good here, I recommend trying the burgers!

Black Tap

This is another place known for a specialty, this time their milkshakes. Beware, they don’t take reservations and you might get caught standing in line outside. Once inside enjoy the atmosphere, crazy shakes and each other!

Carmine’s Italian Restaurant

This place is perfect because who doesn’t love Italian? Overall this restaurant has a very romantic atmosphere so if that’s what you’re looking for this place is for you.

Ducks Eatery

This is the best place for meat-lovers. They have a diverse array of meats offered in a cool rustic barn typesetting.

Bond 45

This Italian restaurant and bar for sure has something that anyone would like.

LAVO

LAVO is Italian and delicious. This is a great place for people who like the best of both worlds because in the basement is a nightclub! Beware, you have to be 21 and up and bring ID, so if you’re under you can just add this one to your relationship bucket list. Enjoy your meal and dance the night away!

Butter

For anyone that wants to live out their Gossip Girl dreams, this place is for you. It has mostly American food and cool cocktails.

If none of these catch your attention just take a stroll with your S.O. through the NYC streets and you’re sure to find somewhere that could become a special place between the two of you. Happy eating love birds! :)

Mallory is a Journalism major with a minor in Political Science at Hofstra University.