Quick Recipe Series Part 3: Garlic Chicken

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Either you’re a fitness freak, sports personnel or just a normal meat lover, chicken breasts are the best compliment to your protein needs. So, today we’re having the last recipe from our Quick Recipe Series and the dish of the day is Garlic Chicken.

To make it tasty, you need:

– 2 tablespoons oil or butter

– 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts

– Black pepper or lime pepper

– Lime juice

– 4 big garlic cloves or garlic powder

– Salt

How to make:

1. Start with heating up a pan at high heat with 2 tablespoons of butter or oil according to your preference. I prefer butter :)

2. Lay down the chicken breasts on a surface and season them by sprinkling salt, lime pepper or black pepper. Once done, use your fingers to beat the chicken so that salt and pepper sit well on it.

3. If you go forward with garlic cloves, cut them in small pieces and put into oil. Add the seasoned chicken to the pan, and If you have garlic powder, sprinkle it over the chicken. Flip the chicken after 2 min and then do it again after 2 min (this time for 1 min each).

4. Once the chicken turns brownish in color, sprinkle lime juice on both sides and cook over medium to low heat for 4 more min.  

5. Check if the chicken is plain white after cooking from the inside (if not white yet, cook for a bit more time). 

Have fun cooking :)

Anant Shiv

Helsinki '19

Anant is a final year student of International Design and Business Management. When he is not studying, he is cooking, drawing meditating and playing games on Xbox.
Helsinki-based, Anna is an MA graduate in English Philology, an inspirational corporate English trainer at goFluent professional training language school, and a former Campus Correspondent/writer/social media manager at HC Helsinki. When Anna is not teaching and running her language blog @annalina.eng , she can usually be found practicing chillout Hatha yoga and dancing energetic Zumba.