Arguably one of the most famous dishes, especially among students, spaghetti with sauce stands tall. As there are numerous recipes for Spaghetti and Lentils, there is no specific way of making the dish, but since time is key in our article series, I’ll take the best tasting combination of Pappardelle (flat pasta) and brown lentils.
– ½ bowl of brown lentils
– Enough Pappardelle for two people
– ½ Onion
– 3 garlic cloves
– Black pepper
– ½ tomato puree
How to make:
– Start off by filling a large pan with water, then add 1 tablespoon of oil and salt. Once the water comes to boiling stage, add the pasta (putting the pasta in boiling water keeps it intact while it cooks and also it will not break down that easily).
– Meanwhile, put lentils in the other pan. Wash them with cold water and add two and a half bowls of water. Heat it up and wait for it to boil. Once the water starts boiling, decrease the heat but keep it in the burner. Keep stirring the lentils so they do not stick to the pan.
– Keep checking the spaghetti and lentils until they completely get cooked and become soft enough to eat. It should take around 6-8 minutes after boiling of water starts in both cases.
Add 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Cut an onion and garlic, and put them in the pan. Add some salt to caramelize onions and garlic. Once they turn brown, add tomato puree. The whole mixture should be heated for 2-3 minutes. Add black pepper according to taste.
– Once the lentils are done, add the whole lentils with water in the pan with tomato onion mixture. Heat them up for 3-4 min and keep stirring the mixture. Add salt according to taste. Take spaghetti out, remove the water and place in two plates. Add the lentils mixture according to taste.
The next recipe will be a quick non-vegetarian meal. Stay tuned!