Wellness > Health

The Most Inspirational Instagram Yogis to Motivate You in 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

In the beginning of the year we all have hopes and wishes to make this year one to remember and to be able to do sports and take care of our bodies. Your body is your temple, but still sometimes, when the motivation seems to be low as your bed is nice and warm, it is a great moment to scroll through your motivational Instagram news feed and admire these yogis who have made their dreams come true. If they could do it with patience and determination, what excuses do you have?

Biggalyoga

Valeri Sagun maintains her awesome Instagram feed of carefully practiced yoga poses and yoga routine videos. She has also authored a book called Big Gal Yoga: Poses and Practices to Celebrate Your Body and Empower Your Life, that was released last year. She is not only a yogi and a writer, but also an “installation artist, ceramicist, radical self love enthusiast, and body positive encourager” as she states on her homepage.

What an amazing journey!

Hannahtaha

Hannah is a yoga teacher from Cairo, who is currently based in Abu Dhabi. After having completed a series of very demanding teacher training in New York, she now primarily teaches Vinyasa flow and Ashtanga series during her classes. On her website she underlines the importance of meditation, love and patience in your practice.

Amandabisk

This yogi has also experienced a career of an Olympics level athlete in the women’s pole. Now she is inspiring everyone with her recovering health journey after being diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome. This shows in her colorful and beautiful Instagram feed that includes beautiful and challenging yoga poses and if you look carefully enough, you can also spot her little dogs in the background.

“Never stop making your life what you want it to be.

LEARN, LEAD and LOVE your own journey.” -Amanda Bisk on her website

Guleta

aka G.Yoga By Greta Lai is a yoga teacher who started her journey 10 years ago. Greta does not fear aiming high to accomplish the most challenging poses and her specialty are different and very advanced head and hands stands. This is why her Instagram feed is not anything less than breathtaking and it really gives you motivation to take your yoga mat out from the storage! Another interesting fact about her is that she is also a level 2 reiki practitioner. This girl is a real wonder woman!

Gypsetgoddess

Caitlin Turner is a yogi, blogger and she also runs her own online store. Her feed is the most inspiring embodiment of a free spirit of a traveler, wanderer and yoga practitioner. In addition to beautiful yoga poses, she pictures amazing nature and culture of different countries she visits. This feed is perfect for us who love both yoga and traveling!

Yogabeyond

Claudine and Honza Lafond are a yogi couple currently based in Sydney, Australia. They have created their own brand YogaBeyond, that brings together both yoga practice and community. In their Instagram feed you can spot them practicing yoga together, and they have even created their own Acrovinyasa practice that combines vinyasa, acroyoga and inversion training. What amazing things can be accomplished with teamwork with your loved one!

The author is a student of Translation and Interpretation of French from the University of Helsinki. She is constantly up to planning new travels around the world, learning more about herself and cherishing her friends. She loves to pay attention on the little details and explore between different cultures.