5 Non-Material Gifts to Give This Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

We’ve all been there. You’re trying to buy a gift for someone special in your life, but they already seem to have everything, and no matter how hard you try, you just can’t find anything they might like or need. Or maybe they’ve asked people not to get them anything, or maybe you want to be environmentally conscious and not buy any stuff. Here, then, are 5 non-material gift ideas!

Movie tickets

A Christmas classic, movie tickets are a great option because they give the person receiving the gift the freedom to choose what they want to see, when, and with whom.

Room escape gift card

Room escape games are always a fun and memorable experience. Just make sure you get the gift card for a place that has games the person hasn’t been to before.

Donating to charity

An obvious choice for someone who wants to save the world and spread the love during the holiday season.

Offer your time

This can really be anything: you can offer to walk their dog, wash the dishes (an especially great gift for someone you are living with) or give them a massage. A thoughtful gift that won’t cost you anything, which is good news if you’re on a tight budget this time of year.

Gift card for Netflix or another streaming service

Everyone loves Netflix but no one likes paying for it. Help a friend in need and give them the gift of not having to borrow their cousin’s/ex’s/friend-of-a-friend’s Netflix anymore. This has the added benefit that you can then borrow theirs.

Passionate about social media, food and travel. Former Editor-in-Chief of HC at Helsinki.