4 TV Series to Watch on a Friday Evening

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Planning to have a movie night but don’t know what to watch? We’ve got you covered! Here are our top 4 TV series for all tastes.  

Iron Fist

Image credit: NextShark

A perfect choice for those who are into superhero movies!  Based on the Marvel Comics with the same name, series features a story of a martial arts expert (Danny Rand), who possesses a mystical power called the “Iron Fist”. After 15 years, Danny (considered dead) returns back to New York City to regain control of his family company and finds himself fighting with enemies. The series has 2 seasons and can be watched on Netflix.

The Crown

Image credit: IndieWire

Craving for some royal drama? The original Netflix series in 2 seasons shows a biographical story about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II starting from her wedding in 1947 to the present day. Each episode is emotionally intense and thrilling. In other words: get the popcorn and be ready to binge watch.     

Better Call Saul

Image credit: The Atlantic 

Interested in crime dramas? Better Call Saul (a spin-off prequel of prior series Breaking Bad) shows the life of Saul Goodman, an aspiring lawyer, who is trying to follow a legitimate career in the field. Always overshadowed by his brother’s past reputation, Saul tries to find the way to prove himself. Want to know if he succeeds, then watch the episodes on Netflix!     

Silicon Valley

Image credit: Memeburn

To lighten up your mood, go for comedy! The series (5 seasons) is about the lives of five smart and funny young men (computer whizzes) who founded a startup company in Silicon Valley and are hoping it will change the world. So, if you want to laugh your head off, hurry up and watch!

Happy Friday!          

Helsinki-based, Anna is an MA graduate in English Philology, an inspirational corporate English trainer at goFluent professional training language school, and a former Campus Correspondent/writer/social media manager at HC Helsinki. When Anna is not teaching and running her language blog @annalina.eng , she can usually be found practicing chillout Hatha yoga and dancing energetic Zumba.