10 Plant-Based Instagram Accounts to Drool Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you’ll turn to Instagram when you need inspiration. Whether it’s fashion, office organisation, or even calligraphy, there will be an account (or several of them) out there posting perfect versions of these things. So, when I decided to go vegan a few months ago, I immediately went on Instagram and followed a copious amount of plant-based profiles to provide me with the motivation that I needed. Here are my favorite picks from this finger-licking ride! The extremely aesthetically-pleasing pictures are often followed by recipes and instructions, which makes it even easier to follow this diet if it interests you.

1. Best of Vegan

Beautiful colours! Exquisite composition! I could scroll through this profile all day. They post multiple photos a day taken from several other accounts, so it’s also a great way to discover lesser-known food bloggers.

A photo posted by Best Of Vegan (@bestofvegan) on

2. Vegan Food Spot

Very similar to Best of Vegan, but perhaps even more beautiful pictures (if that’s possible!). Daily posts too!

3.Let’s Cook Vegan

Like the previous two accounts, this is a compilation of all sorts of mouthwatering recipes.

4. Oh She Glows

Angela is a food blogger and writer, so apart from pretty pictures you’re likely to get step-by-step instructions as well, so you can recreate her recipes!

A photo posted by Angela Liddon (@ohsheglows) on

5. Plant Based on a Budget

This account isn’t perhaps as glossy as the previous ones, but there’s definitely a more authentic feel to it. Cheap food is a must, especially as a student!

6. Minimalist Baker

Not all of her recipes are plant-based, but the best part of this account is that all the recipes are extremely easy, quick and require very few ingredients. Score!

7. Happyandhealthy96

Is there anything better than food inspiration? Lifestyle inspiration, of course! Steph seems to always be on the move, visiting impressive places and eating gorgeous vegan food.

8. Plantbasedjudy

A nutrition student, and also a YouTuber. I find that recipes brought to life are the best for inspiration. There’s something about seeing it happen that makes it seem totally doable.

9. Vegfoodvideos

And because Instagram now allows longer videos, let’s indulge in some more step-by-step recipes.

10. Vegaanituotteet

This account is a (non-exhaustive) compilation of vegan products in Finnish supermarkets, whether “accidentally” vegan or purposefully manufactured to replace e.g. meat products. Good source of inspiration if you’re about to leave to the shops!

I hope this list serves as an inspiration, whether you’re interested in veganism, or just fancy trying out something new. Happy eating!

Esther is majoring in Media and Communications. She likes reading, vegan food, and spending way too much time on social media.
Helsinki Contributor