The Ultimate Way to Survive Spring Break

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

The countdown to spring break has officially started with the month of March, and while many of us have already decided on our plans for Floatopia or traveling out of state, we’ve all forgotten to plan the most important aspect of all: 

SURVIVAL

Luckily, the awesome females at Nationals are here to save us all from a disastrous spring break with the #HCSURVIVALKITS. Here’s everything you’ll need to make it through the crazy week. 

1) Sunglasses & HC Swag

We’re in Hawaii, and the sun is ferocious! Shade your eyes with Her Campus custom sunnies – you’ll be stylish and protected at the same time, what more can a girl ask for? Grab an HC pen for all the phone numbers you’re going to score over break, and some HC stickers for laptop & phone decor! 

2) Not Your Mother’s Haircare Clean Freak Shampoo & Conditioner

Saltwater from the ocean can be bad for your hair in the long run, especially because the salt dries it of all moisture, and since most of us are going to spend 90% of spring break in the ocean, we need help! Clean Freak shampoo and conditioner is sulfate, paraben, and dye free – so it will restore your hair in the most natural way possible. 

3) Books

Sometimes a girl just wants to read during her downtime, and what better way to do so than on a beach in Hawaii? Our top picks are The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn and Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell. Kuhn’s book centers around disguised assassin, John Lago, on his last mission before retirement and is now being developed by Sony Pictures as a movie (starring Dave Franco!!!!). Bell’s book gives an in-depth look into pledging a sorority, and “tells it like it f**king is!” Neither will leave you bored.

4) Completely Bare Hair Removal Waxing Kit

So you’ve got the spring break body ready for you bikini, but there are some minor details you need to touch up, like hair removal. Completely Bare has all women covered with their no heat, no mess waxing strips. Simply rub the strips in between your hands for 30 seconds to warm the wax, peel the strips apart, and place over the desired area. Easy and affordable! 

5) SABRE Personal Alarm keychain

Because safety is of utmost importance during spring break, we’ve made sure to pack our SABRE personal alarm. This handy tool is small enough to fit on a keychain, but packs a dual siren design that will ward off any unwanted strangers. Remember, stay safe and make smart decisions by traveling in packs! 

6) Chipotle BOGO card

Hawaii does not have a Chipotle currently, and it makes all of us at HCHI sad, but, we ARE giving away BOGO cards to those heading back to the mainland for break! All you have to do is post a photo to Instagram with the theme “Spring Break,” and we’ll choose our favorite ones to win! You must tag @hercampushawaii and @chipotlemexicangrill & #hercampushawaii #hchispringbreak #hcsurvivalkits to win! Cards are limited! 

Sammi Baum is a 21 year old journalist working to inspire the masses with her words. Baum is Taiwanese-German, a journalism major with an emphasis in English and Italian, a curvy women advocate, a gamer girl, and a low-key fashionista. Currently, she is a junior at the University of Hawaii.