How to Prep for Graduation at UH Manoa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Are you ready for your last semester? Have you thought about graduation yet? Let’s hope so, but if not, here are a few things you need to make sure you have in order before graduatio

1. Make sure you have signed up for graduation and paid your $30 fee

Register at manoa.hawaii.edu/commencement/register

2. If your not enrolled in your capstone or final major courses, you better change your schedule

3. Have you completed all your General Requirements for UH? Make sure you check your star to ensure you’ve hit all your requirements.

4. Meet with your counselor to make sure you have completed all forms needed to graduate from your majors department.

5. Where is graduation you may ask? It is at the Stan Sheriff Center, where the basketball and volleyball games are held.

6. Make sure you have NO financial holds on your account, otherwise you won’t be able to walk at graduation.

7. Your family and friends DO NOT need to buy tickets for graduation it is free!

8. Parking is also free on the day of graduation and opens at 5 am the day of. The parking lot by the law library will be used for graduation parking.

9. Buying your cap and gown is also important to do, so you are ready to walk in the grad ceremony. These can be purchased in the bookstore.

Gown prices: Undergraduate $42.00, Master’s $49.00, Doctoral $58.00

UH MANOA does allow you to decorate your caps if you want

Your tassel is another thing that needs to be purchased. This can be a tad confusing being that every school has a different color.

Tassel Price: $8

ARCHITECTURE – BLUE VIOLET

ART –  WHITE

BUSINESS –  SAPPHIRE

EDUCATION –  LT. BLUE

ENGINEERING – ORANGE

FINE ARTS – BROWN

LAW – PURPLE

MEDICINE – GREEN

MUSIC – PINK

NURSING – APRICOT

PHD – BLACK

PUB ADMIN – TEAL

PUB HEALTH – SALMON

SCIENCE – GOLD YELLOW

SOCIAL WORK – CITRON

LIBRARY SCIENCE – LEMON

10. Make sure your name gets called at graduation!

When you register online, be sure to print your name card. After printing, please fold the sheet in half, and bring it with you to the ceremony. Please present the name card, to the name reader as you cross the stage.

11. You can order grad announcements at the bookstore if you want them.

Minimum order: 25 cards. Regular price: $1.80 each. Photos from the ceremony are available at www.pmoh.com.

Check your emails leading up to graduation for special announcements and details about the ceremony.

For extra info for students about graduation visit: https://manoa.hawaii.edu/commencement/

For parents and guest looking for graduation info visit: https://manoa.hawaii.edu/commencement/guest.php

Be sure to follow these steps to be graduation ready! 

Lena is a student at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa. She is pursuing a Communciations degree with a focus in Digital Media, as well as dual minors in Business and English. In her free time, she loves being president of her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and snorkeling on the weekends!