The Oh Comadre Candle Scents You Need This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Libra and Scorpio season aka Fall is fast approaching, so you’re definitely in need of some new fall scents. What better way to get some interesting fall scents than by supporting a small, Latina-owned business while you’re at it.

Oh Comadre Candles is a Latina-owned scent business based in Downey, California. The soy wax candles are hand-poured by owner Marcella Gomez. She has many fun scents from Gummy Bear to Michelada, but here are nine scents you can buy to spice up and spook up your fall season.

A Classic: Pumpkin Pie

You can’t go wrong with pumpkin-scented anything, so getting this scent is a no-brainer.

For When You Got the Sniffles: Vicky’s Vapo-Candle

A play on the Vicks VapoRub name, this candle smells just like when your mom would say “sana, sana colita de rana.” Fall is the beginning of cold and flu season, so grab yourself this candle to clear your sinuses right up.

For Coffeeshop Vibes: Un Cafecito

If it’s getting too cold to trek out of your room to your favorite coffee shop, just light this candle and let the coffeeshop vibes envelop you.

Childhood Nostalgia: Abuelito Hot Chocolate

Another play on words with the name, this candle is scented like the Classic Chocolate Abuelita that Latinxs grew up drinking. Light this candle up to be transported back to your abuelita’s kitchen in 2005.

Spooky and Fruity: La Araña 

This 3-wick candle smells like berries and has a cute little cartoon spider on it. Perfect for setting spooky Halloween vibes.

Cute and Spooky-Sweet: Until We Melt Again

This candle is for lighting when you’re cuddled up with bae during this cuffing season. It’s a sweet candle that smells like marshmallows and vanilla with a hint of wood notes. 

For the Art: La Llorona

This beautiful candle was a collaboration between Oh Comadre and artist Rafael Jimenez. The artwork is of a colorful catrina, a figure associated with Dia de los Muertos. The candle is a lively scent of melon, vanilla, and musk.

For the Name: Tales from the Comadre When: Chisme Kills!

Comadres always have the best chisme, so light this melon and strawberry candle up next time you have your besties over for chisme and smells that are to die for. 

Visit: ohcomadrecandles.com to learn more and to find more scents you’ll love.

Harvard Senior studying Romance Languages & Literatures and Art, Film, and Visual Studies with a secondary in Ethnicity, Migration, and Rights.
I am a senior at Harvard College studying Applied Mathematics with a specialization in Economics, and I am planning on getting a language citation in Spanish. I am currently a co-president and campus correspondent of Harvard's chapter of Her Campus! I am also a committee chair of a student organization that works with University Health Services called HealthPALs (Peer Advisors and Liaisons). Additionally, I am a member and co-director of service in OAASIS (Organization of Asian American Sisters in Service). Apart from that, I spend a lot of my time as a Learning Lab Undergraduate Fellow at the Harvard Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning. I am also the co-founder of a project at the Office of Diversity of Inclusion at Harvard. I am super passionate about math, health, and higher education! In my free time I love to work out, experiment with makeup and fashion, visit museums, and try new foods!