Her Campus Holiday Survival Guide!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Listen my children, and you shall hear,

Of the parcel delivered to HerCampus Harvard,

On the Nineteenth of December, in ’sixteen,

Hardly a girl could boast to have seen

What happened that night on that day and year.

She said to her friends, “If the packages arrive

By land or air from the town tonight,

Text me a number, no need to describe–

I will know when the time is right,–

One if by land, and two if by air,

And click your heels, and I will be there,

Ready to ride and spread all the goods,

To every building: concrete or wood,

For the HerCampus girls to get what they should.

Thanks you Henry Wadsworth Longfellow for letting me butcher your poem, and I don’t think I can do anymore, so let’s just delve right into the good stuff.

The Survival Kits are here! The Survival Kits are here! (Sorry, I’m still in Revolutionary War mode.) But it’s true! The Survival Kits are here.

To answer your questions, yes, I did tape all the goods up on the wall. (Except for a couple that just would not stick). So the theme here is mostly self care, which is important both during and after finals period. And…wait…is that my organic chemistry practice exam?

That…calls for a new picture.

Phew! Now that that’s gone…Let us begin. We have…(drum roll please)…Leaders Cosmetics 7 Wonders Face Masks (top center)!

Three little face masks, lined up in a queue,

One got used up and there there were two.

Two little face masks, sitting on a shelf,

One got used up and left  a lonely self.

One little face mask, having a little fun,

It got used up and then there were none.

Which is sad, because these masks feel great when being used, and contain revitalizing Coconut gel that contains lots of vitamins and antioxidants. There is the Amazonian Acai Anti-Pollution, which purifies and neutralizes the effect of pollution on skin. It leaves your skin feeling clearer, lighter, and much, much happier. There is the Carribean Coconut Calming Mask, which soothes and calms irritated skin; its vitamin richness activates skin soothing and smoothing properties. LAstly, the Kalahari Melon Moisturizing Mask–apparently, the Kalahari Melon is the ancestor of the watermelon, and its oils has essential fatty acids (all unsaturated, my biology friends), and helps your skin lock in moisture for its best refreshed look.

These three masks are great to put on while you’re reading a (text)book or watching an episode of Friends.

I’m getting hypnotized by that GIF…aren’t you?

Self care is about taking care of yourself, and unleashing all of your inner potential. That could mean taking a looooooooooong bath, putting on those face masks, doing pilates, or drinking Yogi herbal tea. (Bottom right corner)

It contains two tea bags (Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy, and Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life), and a $1-Off coupon for when you feel like getting more tea.  Inspired by the holistic teachings of Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicine and Western herbalism, the Yogi collection combines over 100 exotic spices and botanicals to create 60 varieties of green, herbal and black teas. All Yogi teas are rich in both flavor and healthful purpose – support your energy levels and active lifestyle with two deliciously fruity and floral teas: Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy and Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life.

https://www.yogiproducts.com/

So sit down, put on a face mask, enjoy some soothing tea, and sink into that new book of yours.

But wait! You don’t have a book to read! What do we do? Well, never fear, Book of the Month is here, with a free Beach Tote and a free first month of Book of the Month.

Book of the Month https://www.bookofthemonth.com/best-books-of-the-month

Some say we’re “a magical website where you get new books for half the price”; others call us “a book nerd’s paradise”.   But you can just call us BOTM.  We know it’s hard to find the time to discover great new books outside of the classroom, so we’re here to make it easy for you to read the best books every month!  At Book of the Month, we pore through hundreds of new books each month and select the best ones we can find to share with our members.  Members choose which books they would like to receive by the sixth of the month, or can easily skip the month if they prefer.  All books are hardcovers and shipping is included. Membership includes one book a month, and members can add up to 2 additional books for only $9.99 each.  We’re a rapidly growing community of booklovers with a big presence on Instagram. A fun way to discover the best new books each month – well-written, immersive stories that transport you, give you thrills, and tug at your heartstrings. The books that are truly worth reading!  

Use code HERCAMPUS30 for 30% off a 3-month membership plus a free tote! This comes to less than $10.50/month for a brand new hardcover book! Enroll at http://www.bookofthemonth.com/enroll.

There, now that’s more like it.

Don’t stop, there’s more. Cosmetics can be found in the middle row of the photo (reattached below for ease), and consists of Rimmel’s London’s small set of makeup, with names that are delightfully punny.

‘Twas brillig and the Scandaleyes

Did gyre and gimble on the lid:

All mimsy were those pretty eyes,

And the lashes luscious and thick.

Rimmel London – Scandaleyes Original Mascara, Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner, Provocalips 16HR Kissproof Lip Colour, Natural Bronzer Rimmel offers innovative must-have products that uniquely deliver the eclectic beauty looks and lifestyle of today’s London. Rimmel believes in fashion without rules and values every individual interpretation of beauty. Rimmel delivers wearable and on trend looks at a superior value.

• Scandaleyes Original Mascara ($6.99)

• Scandalous volume, long wear, no smudging and easy to remove

• Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner ($4.59)

• Provocalips 16HR Kissproof Lip Colour ($7.49)

• Kiss-proof, transfer-proof, trouble proof.

• Up to 16 hours of lip liberation! Weightless colour for endless comfort.

• Comes in 7 shades (Wish Upon A Berry, I’ll Call You, Play With Fire, Make Your Move, Heart Breaker, Kiss Fatal and Just Teasing)

• Natural Bronzer ($6.29)

• Comes in 3 shades (Sun Light, Sun Bronze and Sun Dance)

http://us.rimmellondon.com/

Last but not least, we have:

Pure Silk – Pure Silk Shave Cream in Raspberry Mist Leaves your legs softer and smoother than soap & water! Rich & luxurious lather stays on legs & protects against nicks & cuts. Moisturizing formula softens & nourishes skin as you shave. Rust-proof can is perfect for the shower.

http://legslikepuresilk.com/#ssk

So how ya feelin’ now? Ready for your finals and the holidays?! Of course you are. With your HerCampus Holiday and Finals Survival Kit, you are ready to take on the world!

Vanessa is a sophomore at Harvard studying Human Developmental and Regnerative Biology with a secondary in Global Health and Health Policy. She is originally from South Texas and is very involved with the Latinx community at Harvard as well as Harvard's Science Club for Girls. When not in a lab or working as a tour guide, Vanessa likes to spend her free time in thrift stores or playing Pokemon Go shamelessly.