free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

BGLTQ+ Friendly Companies to Apply To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

With over half of states allowing companies to fire someone for their sexuality, and even more allowing companies to fire someone if they’re queer, it’s important to support companies with positive practices whether you are BGLTQ+ or an ally. Here are some queer friendly org’s to look into, and maybe even attend a queer centered panel, networking session, or meal, run by Harvard Undergraduate BGLTQ+ Business Society.

1. Bloomberg

“Bloomberg L.P. is a privately held financial software, data, and media company headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.”

2. Goldman Sachs

“The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base.”

3. Bank of America

“Bank of America Corporation is a multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States. It is ranked 2nd on the list of largest banks in the United States by assets.”

4. Bain Capital

“Bain Capital is a global alternative investment firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. It specializes in private equity, venture capital and credit products.”

5. Morgan Stanley

“Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services.”

6. Capital One

“Capital One Financial Corporation is a bank holding company specializing in credit cards, auto loans, banking and savings products headquartered in McLean, Virginia.” 

7. BlackRock

“BlackRock is the world’s largest asset manager guiding individuals, financial professionals and institutions in building better financial futures.”

8. HBO

“Home Box Office is an American premium cable and satellite television network that is owned by Time Warner through its respective flagship company Home Box Office, Inc.”

9. D E Shaw & Co

“The D. E. Shaw group is a global investment and technology development firm founded in 1988 with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia.”

10. Bain & Company

“Bain & Company is a top management consulting firm. “

11. The Boston Consulting Group

“The Boston Consulting Group is an American worldwide management consulting firm with 90 offices in 50 countries.”

12. Disney

“Disney is an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate.”

13. Anheuser Busch

“Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC is a brewing company based in St. Louis, Missouri USA and headquartered in Leuven, Belgium.”

14. Microsoft

“Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and services.”

15. Facebook

“Facebook is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California.”

16. Google

“Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.”

17. Palantir

“Palantir Technologies is a private American software and services company which specializes in big data analysis.”

18. ActBlue 

“Non-profit organization in Somerville, Massachusetts.”

19. Wayfair

“Wayfair, Inc. is an American e-commerce company that sells home goods.”

20. Oliver Wyman

“Oliver Wyman is a leading global management consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge and expertise, with close partnerships and relationships.”

21. McKinsey & Company

“McKinsey & Company is the trusted advisor and counselor to many of the world’s most influential businesses and institutions.”

Audrey Thorne

Harvard '19

Audrey is a Senior in Pforzheimer house. She likes writing, adventure, Tatte, and doing things ironically it's no longer ironic. She's also Co-Campus Coordinator of the Her Campus Harvard branch.