The 10 Stages of Shopping Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Though in some ways there’s few happier times at Harvard than shopping week, we’re happy to finally bid goodbye to wrestling with my.harvard and juggling extra classes. Here are our ten most memorable shopping week moments:

1.      After a fun weekend of Camp Harvard, you organize your life enough by 11 PM on Tuesday to log onto my.harvard… and you’re assailed by a disgustingly confusing setup that your advisor assured you would be intuitive.

2.      You frantically locate 6 classes to shop the next day, all overlapping in places that span the campus grounds.

3.      You convince yourself that you’ll go to every single class that day—but you end up needing a nap by 12 PM. 

Eh, I’m sure that Anthro class wasn’t even that great anyways.

4.      By Friday, you’ve slept through a 9 AM you were going to shop, been lotteried out of a class, and realized that one of the classes you absolutely thought you’d love is taught by a professor with an unintelligible accent and a bad attitude.

5.      You go into the weekend feeling hopeless, and you continue to scour my.harvard for classes that allow you to keep your Fridays open.

6.      Tuesday comes around, and you approach the random classes you’ve found with a sense of nervous anticipation.

7.      And to your surprise… you actually LOVE one of the classes.

(Too bad that guy you never texted back is glaring at you from the back row.)

8.      Then—the miracle of miracles—you find out you got off the wait list for an amazing class!

9.      You have a gen ed, a concentration requirement, an elective, and an absolute gem… And no classes on Friday. Life couldn’t be better.

10.  Now… how do you enroll with my.harvard…

--
harvard contributor