Medicine cabinet packed full of skincare products
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

My Top 5 Body and Skincare Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

One of the things our generation feels strongly about is the topic of self care. Self care is super important for the mind and body. Practicing self care is doing anything for yourself that is healthy and has positive outcomes in your life. Some options are keeping up with your skincare routine, yoga/exercising, having a schedule for getting your nails and toes done, buying yourself something nice, and meditating. The list could go on and on because it’s based on what makes you happy. Constantly doing things that make you happy can improve your mental health and keep your energy levels high. Neglecting self care can lead to low self esteem, very low productivity levels, and even depression. Think about it: do you know an individual who is always happy but never practices self care? Most likely not. It’s all about going that extra step to make sure you’re okay mentally and physically. When I go that extra mile, I feel more relaxed and satisfied with life. 

My favorite form of self care is at-home skin care which includes an everyday skin routine, doing a face mask every once in a while, and taking a hot bath with some epsom salt. I like to make my own products like DIY lip scrubs and DIY face masks. I’m not even going to lie to you guys – I am a skincare product junkie. I love collecting different scented exfoliators, various body washes, and numerous face masks that help with skin issues. I enjoy having options and not having to run back to the store to grab things. So I am here to give you guys the inside scoop on my top 5 favorite skincare and body products of all time:

Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Hydrating Body Wash for Dry Skin 

The matching lotion works well too!

Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar Soap

Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrubs 

My favorite scent is Coconut Lime. 

Dr. Teal’s Pure Epsom Salt Soothe & Sleep Lavender Body Wash

Biore Charcoal Deep Cleansing Pore Strips

Hey, my name is Taliah Muhammad. I am a third year International Studies major on the Pre-Law track at the illustrious Hampton University. I love to style outfits for people and discuss politics! I’m very excited to be apart of the Hampton U chapter of Her Campus this year, and I can’t wait to see everything we accomplish!
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!