Janae Griffin '18

Name: Janae Griffin

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Biology, pre-med track

Hometown: Chesapeake, Virginia

HC: Drake or Meek

JG: DRAKEEEE. Meek who?

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?

JG: It has always been my dream to go to Paris for my honeymoon, so I would go back with my husband.

HC: Can you tell us about your trip to France this summer?

JG: France was beautiful! Everything is different there. I enjoyed every bit of the food, the language, and culture. It made me appreciate how beautiful God’s people are and the world we live in.

HC: How do you balance being a Christian while also having a “college experience?”

JG: I will be honest, it is very hard to balance being a Christian and having fun at our age. But I stay prayed up about my decisions, and even though I do make mistakes, God knows where my heart is, and learning from those mistakes draws me closer to Him.

HC: How does one deal with a Hampton Man?

JG:  When dealing with a Hampton Man, or men in general, it is always very important to remember that you cannot make a man do anything they do not want to. The only thing that keeps a man is a man who wants to be kept. The more you try to force it, the more you hurt yourself. So be confident in who you are, and you will attract a guy that is willing to be everything you want and more.

HC: What is one thing you love about your Hampton experience?

JG: Meeting new people from different places.  I appreciate those who have impacted my life negatively because I have learned from it. God does not let anything happen for no reason, but I really value those who genuinely care and are determined to meet their goals just like I am.

HC: Even though you are not in any major clubs such as SLP or SRT, how are you still making an impact on campus?

JG: I have recently become a part of Young Adults Advocating Change (YAAC). I will definitely be volunteering in any way possible through that. As far as impacting the campus outside of that, I try my best to uplift people in the best way that I can. I know that I personally have days where I feel like I won't make it, so I make it a priority to be a positive spirit in other people's lives. Not only does it help me to know that I helped someone else, but it also shows others that they are not alone.

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

JG: In five years I see myself graduating from medical school, starting my residency in pediatrics, and hopefully I will be in a strong relationship with someone, possibly discussing wedding plans.

HC: What is your life goal?

JG: My life goal is to become a successful doctor, open my own practice, and start a family.