The Importance of Attending On Campus BHM Events

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

We’re just three days in on the Black History Month calendar of events! In case you missed it, The Opening Ceremony, State of the Black Church, and Black AIDS Day- Cultural Day Black Expo happened this past week. Monday, the 8th begins State of the Black Woman.  Seminars and movie days are going on all month long followed lastly by the Black History Xtravaganza- a stage production put on in Ogden Hall to go out with a bang on the 26th!

Why should you attend these events? What a better way to spend Black History Month trying to establish where we are now as a people and a campus. Enjoy colorful topics. STEM and Hair and Make Up Junkies, enjoy the Health and Beauty Symposium on the 23rd in the Atrium. There is something for everyone to learn something new and gain consciousness. 

Socorro Kenoly is a senior, Strategic Communication major in Hampton University's Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications. Socorro is a proud Hamptonian hailing from Atlanta, Georgia.