This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Ever heard the saying anything you can do I can do better? I believe this attitude is key when it comes to sex! For years the art of female masturbation has been practiced in private but looked down upon in public. Here’s a secret sweetie … 

EVERYONE DOES IT!!!

It’s no big shocker, not everyone gets “play”. Sometimes the best partner is yourself. Most abstinent people say the reason they can withstand from sex is due to masturbation. One anonymous source I interviewed said, “If it wasn’t for my variations of dildos I would have lost it a long time ago!”. Although masturbation is a tool to “Hold” you over till actual sex, it does way more for you than just fill.

I believe masturbation is a self-esteem builder. Just think about this little analogy. You get a gift for Christmas and it’s a cool new gadget. Instead of unwrapping it and figuring out how to work it you give it to your neighbor to figure out. It’s your gift, so why is your neighbor unraveling it?

That’s my attitude toward the vagina. Our vagina belongs to us! We need to know all the spots and kinks and curves, yet we let men figure them out for us. If you know how to make yourself orgasm you really don’t need a man for anything! 

That’s why women get so attached to guys when they have sex, the sensation is unknown. When you know how to please yourself, you have a clearer mind!

I’m serious ladies! Especially after a hard day at school, work, or just life! Lying down and pleasing yourself is a big stress reliever. It can almost be like a treat. 

Don’t turn your nose up at masturbation. It actually builds self-esteem. You build a certain love and comfortability with your body that no one else can make you feel. How are you going to let someone else explore your vagina when you don’t even know it yourself?

Blogger, Influencer, fashionista, and writer from Atlanta, Georgia! Hampton university 2023! First Year Journalism student Subscribe to my Youtube Channel : youtube.com/c/MyeshiaFlawless
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!