andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

He’s Just Not that Into You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Not being able to get a good read on the guy that you’re interested in can be really nerve wracking, Here are nine ways to tell if he’s really busy or just too busy to talk to you.

1.)   You Talk a Little Bit (Or Barely At All)

Ø  If he returns your calls and texts in an untimely manner, and he is being distant, that’s the first sign. If a guy is truly interested in you, he would be making every effort he can to build the communication and your relationship. Although, some distance during the beginning of a new relationship isn’t uncommon, a lack of effort with weird excuses is a major signal that he’s just not that into you.

2.)   He talks about other women

Ø  Many men will either bring up an ex or other women in general, and not only is that a major turn off, it’s also a sign he’s not into you. If he is comfortable enough to talk to you about other women he is probably not as interested in you as he is in those other women.

3.)   You Haven’t met the friends or family

Ø  If you haven’t met the people that matter the most to him, he definitely isn’t interested in furthering the relationship with you. Unless you two are just meeting, there is no reason why you should not have met the family and friends yet.

4.)   He Tries to Change You

Ø  If he is critical about everything about you (your body, personality, dreams and goals) then this is another sign you need to cut him off. He is more focused on all the things that are wrong with you than the pieces of you that make you beautiful. If he is not encouraging and uplifting you then he is NOT the one for you.

5.)   He Never Asks About Your Day

Ø  This may seem insignificant but when a man is really into you, he’s going to want to know how your day was, even if it’s the smallest of things.

6.)   You are Always Wondering

Ø  Reality Check. A guy who is interested in you won’t leave you wondering where you stand with him. Stop believing his pathetic excuses, he isn’t shy, or super busy and trust me no one is that intimidating. Trust your gut. If he is really into you, there will be no need to wonder or even any room for doubt. You will just know.

7.)   It’s a struggle getting to see him

Ø  If you are the only one initiating dates and when you do he has trouble making time for said dates, then you just need to let him go. The only men that should have that much trouble scheduling time for you are celebrities and the secret service men. And even those men find time for their significant others.

8.)   Its more physical than anything

Ø  If the only time this man is available is after midnight and he only presses you for a physical relationship, this is bad news and you need to run, fast. A man who really likes you wants to know you mind and soul. A man who is really into you, will wait for the sex. 

Abby Idisi

Hampton U

Socorro Kenoly is a senior, Strategic Communication major in Hampton University's Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications. Socorro is a proud Hamptonian hailing from Atlanta, Georgia.