Hampton Man Crush: Mark Anthony Murphy aka “Murph”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Ladies, we finally got an interview that so many of you have been asking for! This weeks Hampton Man Crush is none other than Mark Anthony Murphy. Many of you know this cutie as “Murph.” Murph is a Senior Marketing major from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  

He volunteers for intramural sports teams and is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc. Murph is currently the chapter strategist where he keeps everything in order and is the mediator of everything that occurs within his chapter. Lets not forget his threads. Almost everything that he puts on looks like a fall look book, and we all know that shimmy is everything.

Her Campus: What color describes your personality?

HMC: Maroon, because I’m a chill person but I think that it pops out and still makes a statement.

Her Campus: What’s the most important part of a relationship to you?

HMC: Commitment, I’m a real loyal person and I live off of loyalty. I really value it in my relationship.

Her Campus: Who inspires you the most?

HMC: My mother! She goes above and beyond for me and she does everything that she can for me.

Her Campus: Do you think you have a celebrity look a like?

HMC: I don’t think so but people say I look like Carmelo Anthony and The Dream.

Her Campus: What are your favorite and most annoying qualities about yourself?

HMC: My favorite two would be my confidence and my attitude. I love myself and its not too much people can say or do to throw me off. I’m going to always believe in myself. My most annoying quality is that I play around a lot (at the right times though). People tell me I get on their nerves (smiles and laughs).

Her Campus:  Who is your celebrity crush?

HMC: Nicki Minaj and K Michelle.

Her Campus: What’s your favorite feature on a woman?

HMC: Eyes or Lips-to be honest I like what I like.

Her Campus: What’s your sign?

HMC: Sagittarius.

Her Campus: What is your description of brotherhood?

HMC: When you don’t think twice about doing anything for that brother. When it is genuine love-that my description. We don’t do that fake stuff over here, real ones only.

Her Campus: Are you currently single or taken?

HMC: Taken.

Her Campus: How do you approach a female if you like her?

HMC: First off, I come correct. I’m not going to come wrong.

Her Campus: What’s your ideal romantic date?

HMC: I would do a candlelight dinner on a boat. I’d a make it like a nice trip.

Her Campus: What are your plans for the future?

HMC: I actually have an offer with the Milwaukee Bucks, it’s a ticket sales job, so then I’ll probably work my way around the league. I’m also in the process of starting a clothing line and  a high end, luxury, street wear brand. It’s going to be called House of Ambiance

Her Campus: What’s your relationship deal breaker?

HMC: I don’t like girls who over step their boundaries, like when you’re just dealing with me and coming completely wrong. I don’t like girls that too hype or do too much. Just doing stuff that isn’t usual, just be you.

Her Campus: Any words of advice for the ladies?

HMC: Ladies be yourself, respect yourself, and live your life.

Ayo Sutherland is from Los Angeles California and she is currently a Sophomore Strategic Communications major, marketing minor at Hampton Univerisity. She enjoys doing water activities, loves listening to music, and spending time with family and friends. Her main goal is to become a publicist and be know as the Olivia Pope of the Rap and Hip Hop industry and to be the best leader and role model to everyone. Her motto is, "Always remember that you are a not a yellow Starburst your a PINK ONE!" 
Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.