This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This week’s Hampton Man Crush is Joshua Anderson. Josh is a sophomore biology major from Amsterdam, Netherlands. In his free time, he enjoys watching documentaries, reading blogs, and finding new music. Read on to get to know some more about Josh to see if he may be your next man crush!

HC: When did you move to America, and what was that transition like?

Josh: I moved my sophomore year of high school and lived in South Carolina until I graduated. I would always come to America and visit family, so I was familiar with the “American culture”, but my biggest adjustment was high school. Everyone at my school knew each other, while I was a new kid from another country. I had to meet new people and become embraced with the American culture. Even in college, I’ve met several people from all over the country with different backgrounds.

HC: Why did you come to Hampton?

Josh: I always wanted to experience going to an HBCU. I heard that Hampton was one of the top HBCUs and after doing some research I felt like it would be a good fit for me.

HC: Do you ever get homesick?

Josh: Definitely.

HC: What do you like the most about Hampton?

Josh: The diversity. There are so many people from different places, and no two people are alike. Every person I meet has a different story and different background, so it’s cool to be surrounded by all types of individuals.

HC: What organizations are you a part of on campus?

Josh: I’m in Gentelligence and MAPS.

HC: If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?

Josh: Caring.

HC: How do you feel about the recent elections?

Josh: I’m happy I voted. I felt like I was making a change, especially since it was my first time.

HC: Top 5 songs?

Josh: Tape You by N.E.R.D, Earl by Earl Sweatshirt, Hol Up by Kendrick Lamar, Ways by Joey Bada$$, Let it go by Playboi Carti

HC: What is your relationship status?

Josh: Single

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

Josh: Ambitious, similar music taste, has their own style, somebody who is funny and that I can laugh with, has good values

HC: Where do you get your style inspiration from?

Josh: Pharell.

HC: How do you think you’ve grown since freshman year?

Josh: I’ve matured a lot, improved my study habits, and taken on my responsibilities and been able to prioritize better as a college student.

You can see more of Josh on his Instagram @jayndr.

Kennedi Jackson is a senior journalism major, leadership studies minor from Atlanta, GA. She is one of the 2020-2021 associate editors for the HerCampus Hampton U chapter. Post-graduation, Kennedi hopes to work in an editorial position, communications department, or digital media.
creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com