timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Hampton Man Crush: JeQuan Norris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Ladies, if you’re ready for this week’s Man Crush say Yerrrrr!

Meet JeQuan Norris, a graduating senior Strategic Communications Major, double minor in Military Science and Leadership Studies from Bridgeport, Connecticut. This ‘dapper don’ is not only the 2018-2018 Mister of three organizations (WHOV, CPAC, and Blue Thunder), but he also serves Hampton University as a Student Leader in the Greer Dawson Wilson Student Leadership Training Program, on the SGA cabinet for Campus Life, on the SGA cabinet Cafeteria task force, and serves on our very own WHOVtv. This week, we got to play 21 (plus three) questions with Quan! Keep reading!

HC: What do you want to do after you graduate?

JN: After I graduate, I’ll be commissioning into the United States Army as a 2nd Lieutenant, while taking graduate school classes.

HC: What do you think about the current state of America?

JN: We need work. There’s a lot of things that could be better. So many of us think we can march twice, and change is gonna come and most of us have to stay on it. We’re very reactionary. That’s the problem. Mobilization is so important.

HC: What are your plans for thanksgiving?

JN: I’m prepping for Black Friday. *laughs* I’m doing my stretches so that I’m Walmart ready.

HC: What is your worst characteristic?

JN: To be honest, um sometimes I let my pride get in the way of certain things. So, I will say my pride. It’s like a two sided sword though, because my pride is part of my manhood. I’ll say being too prideful.

HC: If you had a gun to your head and you had to sing one song without getting any words wrong, what song would it be?

JN: *smiles* Nothing In This World by Avant and KeKe Wyatt.

HC: What are some improvements within the African American community that you would like to see?

JN: Unity, Self Love, and Respect for Black Women.

HC:  One place you want to go that you’ve never been?

JN: All 195 countries! Hashtag bucket list! *laughs*

HC: What is your zodiac sign?

JN: *laughs* Gemini.

HC: What would you say is your best physical characteristic?

JN: *smirks and laughs* I’d say my build.

HC: Single, Taken, It’s complicated?

JN: I’m single.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

JN: I have three. Nia Long, Halle Berry and Sanaa Lathan.

HC: Are you a giver or receiver?

JN: Giver *smiles*

HC: Describe the characteristics of your perfect girl’s personality.

JN: Willing and able to teach me things and learn, as well. A fan of multiple streams of revenue, adventurous, passionate/motivated, loyalty, honest, blunt, tough skin. Freak, too. *laughs*

HC: Now, describe your perfect girl physically.

JN: Black. Black. Black. Black. Short hair. I don’t know why I like short hair. Fit. Pretty toes. Nice boobs and butt. *laughs*

HC: How should someone approach you if they have a crush on you?

JN: They should keep it a stack. They should be blunt, not too forceful, but shoot their shot.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve about Hampton women?

JN: PLAYING hard to get.

HC: What is the difference between a man and boy?

JN: A man is one who understands that there’s more to the world than him, not scared to make sacrifices, and willing to preach, provide, and protect his family.

HC: What’s the worst lie a female has ever told you?

JN: I love you.

HC: What’s the worst lie you’ve ever told a female?

JN: I don’t lie like that, but it’s not you, it’s me. It was definitely her. *laughs*

HC: Which is better to listen to your heart or your brain?

JN: *sighs* Your heart, because passion is passion it is what it is. If you’re really passionate about something that’s what your heart desires.

HC: Describe yourself in 3 words.

JN: Growing, Learning, Maturing

HC: FMK Oprah, Betty White, Angela Bassett?

JN: I would marry Oprah, F***Angela Bassett for sure, and kill Betty. Betty gotta get shot. *laughs*

HC: What do you think about Jill Scott’s recent viral video?

JN: I love it *laughs* She’s an icon that more women should aspire to be like.

HC: Do you believe in love at first sight?

JN: No, not at all.

If you like what you see, be sure to shoot your shot at Quan on all his socials below!

Instagram: thedapper_don

Twitter: _YoungAbuDhabi_

Jazmin Lee

Hampton U '20

Jazmin Lee is a junior, Biology major from the "Queen City" Charlotte, NC. Her hobbies include singing/writing music, reading everything from poetry to blogs, and of course......socializing. She is currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. 
creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com