Finest Freshman: Christian Summers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Ladies, if you ask, HerCampus WILL deliver! HerCampus had the wonderful chance to catch up with Christian Summers. Christian is a hot commodity among all the Hampton women. This freshman, Biology Pre-Med, has dreams of graduating Hampton University and going on to Medical School at Chapel Hill, Georgetown, or even Howard. His aspirations? Dentistry. He is a part of HU Pre Dental club, Boy to Men Mentoring Group, and Honors College. Oh, not to mention he is from the one and only, Dallas, Texas! Can anyone say #FinePeopleFromTexas? If you want to know all the details about this week’s Finest Freshman, keep reading!

HC: What made you choose your major?

CS: My mentor works in a dentist’s office in a rural area in his city and I got connected with him to see if I wanted to do dentistry. I’ve shadowed him for 2 years and he took me under his wing. I like to help people and being a dentist interests me. It’s not nasty to me.

HC: What would you say is the hardest part about college?

CS: Time management. It’s hard trying to balance classes, apply for internships, and have a social life.

HC: Describe your freshman year in one word.

CS: Eventful.

HC: Do you have any special hobbies?

CS: I like to workout, play soccer, play basketball, shop, and travel.

HC: Top 3 songs on your playlist right now?

CS:

1.       Cameras- Drake

2.       Yeah Yeah- Young Nudy

3.       Two Playa- Migos

HC: How would you describe your style?

CS: It’s like a mixture of Texas and Raleigh culture. It’s urban. I like to match all my clothes.

HC: What is the first thing you notice when you meet a girl?

CS: Personality.

HC: Do you have a type?

CS: *laughs* I prefer brown skins and dark skins.

HC: Single, taken, or it’s complicated?

CS: Single. *smiles*

HC: Celebrity crush?

CS: Karreuche Tran

HC: Do you prefer to approach women or let them approach you?

CS: Ah, it depends on the mood. I like to be approached, but I’ll approach too. I like the boldness. *smiles*

HC: If a girl wants to shoot her shot at you, how should she approach you?

CS: If she’s bold enough in person, just compliment me and tell me your name and major. If not…*laughs* my DMs are open.  

HC: What makes you different from other guys at Hampton?

CS: I care a lot about school work and work ethic and I don’t always like to be on the scene.

HC: Are you the “girlfriend type” or “done with one and onto the next”?

CS: I mean…. I’m the girlfriend type.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve about Hampton women?

CS: I would say to stop talking so much and “spilling tea”. *laughs*

HC: What’s your biggest turn-off?

CS: Too clingy.

HC: Do you think upperclassmen underestimate you because you’re a freshman?

CS: YES! They always say I’m too young. *laughs*

Ladies, don’t sleep on Christian! If you’re ready to shoot your shot, peep his social media handles below!

Instagram: chrisss2x___ (3 underscores)

Twitter: papichriss__ (2 underscores)

Snapchat: chrissummers25

Jazmin Lee

Hampton U '20

Jazmin Lee is a junior, Biology major from the "Queen City" Charlotte, NC. Her hobbies include singing/writing music, reading everything from poetry to blogs, and of course......socializing. She is currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. 
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.