Fabulous Freshman: Samiyah Gaddy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Check out this week’s Fabulous Freshman! This brown sugar spice is Samiyah Gaddy, a Strategic Communications major from Plainfield, New Jersey. Interested in knowing more about this cutie? Keep reading and I promise you won’t be disappointed!

HC: What’s been the hardest part of freshman year?

FF: I would say the hardest part has been the transition from high school to college. As well as making new friends because people often assume I’m mean.

HC: Are you typically the heart broken or the heart breaker?

FF: Heartbreaker

HC: Do you think a girl and a guy can just be friends?

FF: No, because if you’re just friends with somebody and you like everything they do it’s going to make you jealous.

HC: What organizations are you apart of on campus?

FF: Well I’m a part of HerCampus, College Girls, and National Association for Black Journalists.

HC: Do you think you’ll have the same friends next year?

FF: Yes, my friend group is small and I think that’s the key.

HC: What made you want to come to Hampton?

FF: Well, I knew I wanted to go to an HBCU and my choices were between Hampton and Howard. So I decided to come to Hampton, even though my first time seeing the campus was move in day. Clearly, I made the right choice!

HC: Is there anybody who you’re currently interested in?

FF: No *rolls eyes* I’m just focused on my schoolwork right now.

HC: Describe your personal style?

FF: I have like an urban/chic style, but at the same time I have my own style. No matter where I go, I have to be dressed up.

HC: What do you look for in a guy?

FF: I look for a respectful gentleman who’s cute, educated & has style. 

Head to instagram to see just how fabulous Samiyah Gaddy is! You can follow her on ig @mi.yonce. 

Kierra Cole

Hampton U '19

22. Hampton U. Senior
Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.