Dear Stressed Out, Tired, and Up All Night Student,

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Don’t let these next three weeks get the best of you, you’re almost done! Just keep pushing, keep going to the library, and keep up with your group projects. And yes, those group projects can pluck every single nerve you have, although you may not have many left. Be PATIENT and try not to let the slacking group members bother you, but if you have to cuss them out, do so; Cause that may be the only way some people can really comprehend that your grade is on the line. Oh, don’t forget to still have a little bit a fun, if possible but be sure to get your work done first because we live by the motto “Work hard, play hard.”  Although, we’ll be leaving our friends and going back to our homes soon, it can be a little hard pill to swallow. But if ya’ll are FOR REAL, you guys made plans during Christmas break to visit each other during the summer, or at least FaceTime every other hour Sunday through Saturday. So be sure to attend the last few Hollands, Harbor parties, and café dates you guys can go on.

Whether you are moving onto to your sophomore, junior, or senior year; know that a few of your big brothers and sisters won’t be here when we return in August. They graduate in May, and all of you seniors have a little less than 30 days till you walk across the stage and enter the real world. Whether you have a job waiting for you, or you’re hoping your dream position will call back in a few days, personally I want to say congratulations! You all have hung in there and succeeded; from hundreds of meetings, parties, nights you stayed up stressing, praying and crying, to simply making it to May 8th, I am beyond proud of each of you. You’ll be able to present your diploma to your family, friends, and other loved ones who have supported and kept you in their prayers these past four years. Again, congratulations, good luck, and go out representing yourself and alma mater well.

So ladies and gents, be sure to stay focused and work hard during these last few weeks. Finals are slowly but surely creeping up too, so get in those study groups now, get to talking to your professors, and don’t give up the fight. Keep praying, and keep working hard; God sees what you’re enduring and he’s doing this to help build you and mold you into what he wants for you to become. Never underestimate what God is doing and remember his timing is always perfect, things may not happen or move when you want them to, but he’ll make things happen right in the nick of time. I wish you all a great rest of the semester and a wonderful summer.

Sincerely,

A rising senior who is ready to go home. 

Socorro Kenoly is a senior, Strategic Communication major in Hampton University's Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications. Socorro is a proud Hamptonian hailing from Atlanta, Georgia.